• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So what do you buy now?

Associate
Lack of benchmarks. Probably all a part of a wider conspiracy to drive people like me to buy the shelfloads of stock that are kicking around! Once shifted, there will be a magic driver update which all of a sudden makes the 2080/2080ti appealing.

Man of Honour
i am fishing for a 2nd hand 1080ti... but given you can buy new with games for £630 most people imo are expecting too much. so far my (imo reasonable) offers of £460 have been rejected.

To be fair, an asking price of say £150 less than brand new isn't all that bad based on history, when you consider the 1080ti is one of the fastest cards you can get right now. It might not seem much in percentage terms, but in absolute terms a £150 discount is fairly hefty, a bit like getting a £400 top tier card for £250 from a few years back.

Look at this way, if you had a 1080ti what would you replace it with, got to be at least a 2080 right? So with the pre-order prices where they are, you can't afford to take too big a hit on the outgoing card.

Associate
damn thats a good price - where was that from?

Yeah, got it from an online auction site last week, it has been used for mining though but it's only a year old, the guy sold about 20 of them that night. He has even given me the original receipt as the card has a 3 year warranty.

Soldato
So with many people set on upgrading and setting money aside for the 2080/2070 myself included....

Now what?.
Right now I thinking of using the money to buy the new Samsung Note 9 instead..

I really wanted a new GPU after I spent a load of money upgrading my PC to the 8700k
But with the new 2080ti costing around £1100 I don't know if am stupid enough to pay that price for one...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right now I thinking of using the money to buy the new Samsung Note 9 instead..

I really wanted a new GPU after I spent a load of money upgrading my PC to the 8700k

I'm still tempted to sell my 1080ti but it would be to have a break for a bit and then buy a 2080ti when I feel like getting back into it all.

Soldato
stick with 1070 until the 7nm cards are out. I'm playing a bunch of 2d and indie games atm so don't really need anything faster

Soldato
stick with 1070 until the 7nm cards are out. I'm playing a bunch of 2d and indie games atm so don't really need anything faster
The problem with me is I do all my gaming in the winter months and hardly ever any play games in the summer months..

May just stick with my 1080 now and have some the graphic settings turned down like I have been doing for ages.

Back
Top Bottom