• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

I'm on my two 5850s I bought the week they came out in september 2009. They're great, but the 1GB VRAM is starting to become a limitation, so I think i'll swap them out for a single GTX680 (for now) and then buy another a few months down the line when they're potentially a bit cheaper.

Just ordered one myself. I know it will be slower than my 580's in SLI but it consumes less power and gives me a bit more space in my case again. :)

Some will say I'm mad but meh... In the future I could pick up another at a good price 2nd hand and it will be using around 150 watts less than the 580's with a serious boost in performance.

Last edited:
Yeah just been reading it tbh. Love guru 3d.

I really do get the impression id be better off with the AMD card which is also a tad cheaper.

Really not sure what to do now.

Guys any of you hearing squealing sounds when gaming/benchmarking? I get it when I EXIT Heaven 3.0 and you see the credits screen where you press Esc to get to Desktop. During the benchmark I dont hear any squealing at all (FPS Limiter and sync are off obviously).

Wonder what's happening at that screen? Is it because the GPU is switching from 3D to 2D? There are a couple of threads here and here

Guys any of you hearing squealing sounds when gaming/benchmarking? I get it when I EXIT Heaven 3.0 and you see the credits screen where you press Esc to get to Desktop. During the benchmark I dont hear any squealing at all (FPS Limiter and sync are off obviously).
Nope. Overall it's a very quiet card.

What PSU have you got? BTW nice OC on the card :)
Cooler Master Real Power 1000W. I bought it years ago and it's complete overkill for my system but I figured it would cost less in the long run to simply buy a more expensive PSU in the short-term.

And yeah, I'm quite happy with my overclock. I need every bit of performance I can get, as I'm gaming at 2560x1600.

Cooler Master Real Power 1000W. I bought it years ago and it's complete overkill for my system but I figured it would cost less in the long run to simply buy a more expensive PSU in the short-term.

And yeah, I'm quite happy with my overclock. I need every bit of performance I can get, as I'm gaming at 2560x1600.

Please can you tell me what settings you put in Precision X to get that OC? And is it air cooled?

Back
Top Bottom