• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So whos gone and got a 680 gtx then?

Me. EVGA ordered at 13:09 :D

It will be in my computer tomorrow after 14:00 (stupid work) so long as delivered by then. I will bench it on a couple of games in 3D also.

Same Card
Exact same time :D

I'm home tomorrow so should be around when posty turns up assuming customs do not get hold of it and delay delivery!

I have to chuck a new PSU in also so that will slow my install time :o:p

No thanks, sticking with my GTX 580.. Same old story as the 7970 really.

This part on this review says it all for me "16% performance increase over GTX 580"

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_680/32.html

I want to go 2560 x 1600 from my 1920 x 1200 and this card also is not powerful enough yet for a single card configuration, I will wait for Nvidia to stop messing about and release the REAL GTX 680 which will be named GTX 780 or GTX 785 by end of this year hopefully. I'm tired of being milked like a sucker for real world game play that you don't notice the benefits of with such a small increase in speed. They can stick as many artifical bechmarks as they want like Heaven etc .. I don't play benchmarks and pay to watch pretty graphics that can't be played and worse they develope drivers and cards recently that only show massive gains in these silly benchmarks.

This is all AMDs fault for releasing the 7970 and it is very under powered for a next generation card in my opinion and so Nvidia renamed clearly a mid range GPU (that is very fast for a mid range gpu but not really highend) to fill the highend range for now and they clearly don't have to panic over AMDs next GPUs with the real GTX 680 that will come out in the near future. It is AMD vs Intel all over again here, Nvidia clearly have some good tech in their bag and keeping it for another day to milk us again as Intel has done with Ivy bridge but the funny thing with Ivy is it is showing to be a bad overclocker and the Sandy chips will overclock better and run faster. Ohh well waits for Haswell (hoping Intel stick more than 4 cores in for me to buy it or it is a super fast 4 core to make it worth buying) and Nvidia with their real kepler highend card.

To all that said I bashed AMD over the 7970, there you go I bashed Nvidia now too, as you now see I'm not a fanboy, i'm a fan of new technology that is all.

Last edited:
Same really, got a pair of 3Gb 580's and while i do have a bit of an upgrade itch and i do like to push new stuff for benchmark scores i can't reallly contemplate the money outlay in switching when my current setup does everything i need.
Was the same with X79 really, my X58 is getting a bit old now but apart from benchmark scores i have no need whatsoever for more grunt.

Last edited:
Nope, Its a mainstream part ( a very fast one at that) Nvidia must have something hidden away in case they need it. But I m fine with Nvidia making it thier high end part as its really not needed at all.

AMDs cards are not slow they are just over priced, even now they are still very over priced and its annoying.....

Why is evga such a popular choice? Never owned and evga product am i missing out on something here?

Their rep presence here has swayed me personally.

I am loyal to no brand and have nothing bad/good to say about any of the brands OcUK currently stock so the rep presence swayed it.

Fair price (Why is Gigbyte commanding a premium?) 3 year warranty and some good EVGA Rep to OcUK Customer communication.

Early delivery this morning :D

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

Just ordered 2 of the MSI 680's
Didn't realise they were on sale already.
Fingers crossed i will get them Sat morning.

Finally time for the 470's to go into retirement.
I am hopingthat they won't make as nuch noise as the 470's do.
They can out decibel the vacumn cleaner :(

Back
Top Bottom