• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sod it I'm buying a 4080

Soldato
That's AIB cards, the AIB 4080ti won't be £1400 if that's what the FE will cost.

Within 3 months the 4080 will be cut to 1k although even that's a rip off and I certainly won't be buying one for that.
Nvidia might "pull a GTX760" and drop the core counts from the 4090, and then clock it higher to make the card out of the box within 10% of the 4090

Soldato
I bought a 7900 xtx on release day. Got it and had the overheating issues. Sent it back on RMA and it was lost in the post. Got my money back but nothing in stock soo ive gone down the 4080 FE. I wanted AMD to do well but they have lost a customer.

with the "driver" issues appearing on the AMD cards, I think NVIDIA is the best route to go down atm, although pricing is something to be desired.

Associate
with the "driver" issues appearing on the AMD cards, I think NVIDIA is the best route to go down atm, although pricing is something to be desired.
You mean a load of mined cards in a small part of Germany that have been spanked silly. That's not a driver issue :D..

Associate
I purchased a 4080 Gigabyte Gaming OC but only because I got it for £900 used, gave my 3090 to my eldest son.

Even then I think they should be around £700 max. They’re fantastic cards, retail msrp price is just bonkers though.

I was tempted by the 4090 but I game on a 1440p QD OLED Dell Ultrawide, only 10% difference at that resolution vs 4080. So I didn’t bother this time around, will only get one if I can pickup a used bargain.

I can definitely see 4080s dropping to £1000 soon retail wise and 4090s coming down to £1400.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom