Solar panel production figures

I talked a friend of mine into going solar back in March and he got to fire it up a couple days ago....

160kwh in a day! -Not quite 3X my system's average output, but pretty close.

His house and solar system are HUGE and he plans on getting an electric vehicle soon, so the system is set up to produce 10% over last year's average usage. He is generating "all the watts."

Last edited:
Rubbish day today, 9 generated so far and its been solar + battery on home for past 45m

7.4 imported during flux and only 3.6 exported

image.png

Is Just 2-3 hours of no sun would be nice, wondering if its worth exporting some during peak and importing during flux.

Edit
btw does anybody have any active cooling for their solar stuff. Thinking about getting a couple of USB/plug PC style fans to sit on top to get some airflow.

Last edited:
I reckon i may give it another week and it may be time to say goodbye to Octopus Flux. It has been a wild 4.5 months but now I have an EV with autumn fast approaching It may make financial sense to stop charging the car at work and start charging at home on IO.

whether i come back to it next spring will depend if octopus mind me doing 5 months on one, 7 months on another.

edit this may not be the best thread for this post!.

Last edited:
Will fall short of the August estimate unless tomorrow is a bright sunny day. Which solcast predicts it will be!

Unfortunately Solcast is a lying piece of manure, so I'm expecting to scrape over 600, but fall short of 626kWh

First full day of having solar panels! (West of Scotland)

Generated 20.2 kWh // exported 11 kWh - 15 panels is that decent ?

Wishing I saved up more for the battery now :(

First full day of having solar panels! (West of Scotland)

Generated 20.2 kWh // exported 11 kWh - 15 panels is that decent ?

Wishing I saved up more for the battery now :(
would have been vat free on the battery if you got it during the solar panel install as well :(. you will have to pay vat if you add on later BUT the government are making noises about changing that and making home batteries vat free all the time so fingers crossed they do.

awful day for me yesterday. 9.6kwh generated with 6kwn exported.

Last edited:
11.4 so far today, still generating abit that just about covers my use but yea.. certainly down on last August (406 last August vs 334 to date this month so far)

Not too bad today with 18.2kWh generated and 11.1kWh exported.

It's looking like we'll hit our monthly target. Tomorrow needs just under 15kWh to do it. It depends how long it takes for the cloud to bubble up as it always seems to this summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom