Solar panel production figures

Associate
Nice, 451.3 so far this month here on solax site but that is before it gets sent along, according to my spreadsheet its at 436.7 from givenergy meter data.

Edit
~3% loss

Last edited:
Associate
Ended up with 16 and 1 exported, split .5/.5 between day rate and flux rate lol.

Think im going to charge from grid during flux rate from now one, had been putting it off and loving not watching my meter reading go up but its better than getting caught with pants down if battery dont make it throughout the day lol.

I have been keeping track of a lot of info just to get an idea of %age usage on battery and ive had I believe 3 SOC drops so far, last time I got low it didn't happen which was nice but I ended up putting 10kw into battery when that happened.

Edit - The yellow bits indicate when PV power was being generated, I expect those to get shorter now lol

image.png

I have had to come up with a new spreadsheet format that includes flux rates now and debating whether to keep the meter readings in.

image.png

Last edited:
Associate
HA needs to be running continously, if it's off for a day or two when it reads the figures which are often totals it will think you used/generated it all on the same day.
ah I see, I will hold off trying it again then til I get something low power to slap it on otherwise ill be doing a new install every day just to play with it lol.

Gaming PC idle takes watt usage that is displayed on UPS software from 99 with main PC, monitor, modem, phone, network switch to ~160

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Think im going to charge from grid during flux rate from now one, had been putting it off and loving not watching my meter reading go up but its better than getting caught with pants down if battery dont make it throughout the day lol.
I charge every morning, it's a win win situation. You get paid more to export than it costs to import, and if its a bad solar day you have a full battery.

Associate
I charge every morning, it's a win win situation. You get paid more to export than it costs to import, and if its a bad solar day you have a full battery.
I tried importing on less sunny days, I only have a 2.9kWh panel setup so dull days hurt me charge wise. I have 15kWh of batteries so I am battery rich, panel poor. Forcing export to get back the outlay and maybe balance the books on any day would only work for me if I sacked the wife! 4-7pm is cooking time and not just 1 appliance at a time either. So for me it ended up costing me a £1 a day after exporting some in the 5-16:00hr period.
I guess when winter comes I will have to bite the bullet and do as Ron does and hard charge 2-5am and discharge the batteries at say 2kW/hr during the day while the house takes the other 1kW for long enough to balance the books.
I'm trying to resist the large garden ground panel array temptation ;)

Soldato
OP
@Oldman2 You don't need to force discharge to make it work, presuming you're on something like Flux

Say you charge you're batteries full off peak, then anything you generate is used for the house and the excess is exported (at a higher rate than you paid for it). You should always have a reserve of cheap electric, so long as you don't use too much, and if you did the cost would be greater if you didn't charge off peak.

If you don't charge the batteries, and rely on solar, then if its a bad day you're drawing electric at day rate, or worse peak rate.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried importing on less sunny days, I only have a 2.9kWh panel setup so dull days hurt me charge wise. I have 15kWh of batteries so I am battery rich, panel poor. Forcing export to get back the outlay and maybe balance the books on any day would only work for me if I sacked the wife! 4-7pm is cooking time and not just 1 appliance at a time either. So for me it ended up costing me a £1 a day after exporting some in the 5-16:00hr period.
I guess when winter comes I will have to bite the bullet and do as Ron does and hard charge 2-5am and discharge the batteries at say 2kW/hr during the day while the house takes the other 1kW for long enough to balance the books.
I'm trying to resist the large garden ground panel array temptation ;)
Do the garden array, you know you want too…..do it, do it, do it lol

Soldato
i am wondering about solar panels on my mancave it's a single story very slight sloping flat roof (slope is east facing )

my main concern is whether it will take the weight as it's not the best built extension in the world.

Associate
Stupid clouds ruining another day, up to 11.9 so far but id be over 20 by now if it wasn't for stupid clouds >< REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol

Need me some of that superman breath

Edit
Total today
Import - 7.9 (7.8 during flux rate)
Generation - 15.6
Export 8.8 (1.6 during peak rate)

So pretty much just broke even on the import expert amount but ill be getting a little extra money :D 4 pence after standing charge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom