Solar panel production figures

Associate
23.6 today. Nice to get a July day in September!

Our panels didn't go over 3kW suggesting it could be to do with the sun being lower and less strong this time of year. They also lose a few % when they get really warm but others may chime in with more knowledge.
There's definitely some high level dust or smoke blocking things as we're barely making 3.6kW at close to solar noon.

A look at the weather station shows about 600w/m2 insolation vs about 800w/m2 last week but similar uv levels.

The sun is still high enough to not be the reason and its warm but not baking hot.

Soldato
There's definitely some high level dust or smoke blocking things as we're barely making 3.6kW at close to solar noon.

A look at the weather station shows about 600w/m2 insolation vs about 800w/m2 last week but similar uv levels.

The sun is still high enough to not be the reason and its warm but not baking hot.
max im gettingis 2.8kw from a 3.2 system, but its baking here today and not a single cloud in the sky

Associate
Sun out all day, no clouds, I am surprised that my highest peak on the solar has not been above 3.2, usually I pretty much completely max out with no cloud cover at some point in the day, although saying that the 1st of September is the first day it was getting up to 3.8-4 on yield on the solax readings after that it has gone up to max 3-3.2, weird.

Currently for the day im on

7.3 Imported
13.3 Exported
17.4 Generation

It has been quite the rollercoaster week lol

image.png

Edit
Lemme see if I can clear that up

Edit 2
Ok, thats better :D

Last edited:
Associate
6pm just gone, the point when solar doesn't cover house load

23 Generated on the nose
16.9 Exported (1.5 during peak)

Minus days charge on leccie it should be £1.74 credit for today :)

Soldato
Going to finish the day at 40.1, good curve but low peak really due to the heat I guess. Happy with figure though.

Contemplating another 4 panels before winter, max both strings on my inverter at 520v.

Just ticked over 41.

Last edited:
Associate
Not been here for a while checking up on things but noticed the live ladder https://pvoutput.org/liveteam.jsp?tid=1661 is not working anymore has it changed ?
Working for me, I like that ladder as I get to be second even if it is because I've been there a long time ;)
Managed 19.2kWh today and 8+kWh exported for a fine £1.39 profit after the standing charge.

Back
Top Bottom