Solar panel production figures

The battery is DC-coupled straight off the inverter. It goes:

Inverter > AC Isolator > Generation meter > lockable AC isolator > Consumer Unit > Import meter

That's off the schematic, but I'm questioning the accuracy of that as apparently export is limited to 3.68kW according to that. It actually isn't!

If I add the imported kWh from 0200-0500 to the calculated figure it gives 274kWh. Very close to the 276kWh on the generation meter. Ill read it again in morning before the sun rises and see if its increased I think.

Unless they've fitted a bi-directional generation meter it will only measure power in the outbound direction, so you charge the battery from the grid, then discharge, and that discharge is counted as generation, which sounds very much like what is happening.

13.9 kWh today, its amazing the difference between the garage panels (10 degree pitch) and the original SE system on the house (30 degree pitch), in the summer with the sun being higher the garage system outperforms the SE system. At 11 this morning we had 1.9kW from the SE system, and only 1.2kW from the garage system. The garage system also gets affected with shading from around mid day, as the suns so low.

Also managed to export 12kWh, I actually stopped exporting between 17: to 18:30 just in case it gives me an advantage for tomorrow, then from 18:30 to 19:00 I was exporting at around 7kW :D

Back
Top Bottom