Solar panel production figures

How come so high Ron? Ours hovers around 400w and that’s 3 fridge freezers and a load of electronics on standby
I'm replotting circa 320TiB of Chia plots, got a workstation with 512GB ram, 3080 and Tesla P4 working flat out, uses about 500 to 600w, the plots are moved across the network and saved on my server. Should be done at some point over the weekend, consumption should settle back down to around half then.

Server uses about 200w, our base load is around 600w roughly.

Last edited:
Today's figures, 13.17kWh generated and 8.74 kWh exported, even got the batteries to 100% (last time was the 17th), normal service resumed!

For the month, 479 kWh generated, and 429 kWh exported.

Here's what happens when you use too much power (extra constant 600w roughly), and not much solar, even charging the batteries at 8kW for the three off peak hours I could not keep the batteries charged enough to last the day, even stopped force exporting some days.

The top blue line is maximum battery charge for the day, bottom is the minimum, middle line is the average.

October-2023.jpg

Anyone getting a few jitters about Thursday?
I did think about you're panels today when I saw the forecast, it will be a real test of your brackets, although they are a little sheltered by the house IIRC.

We've moved the bins into the garage, the garden furniture is winter ready - the seats have paving slabs in them, and the table is strapped to some paving slabs.

We've definitely had winds as strong as or very close to 70mph more recent than 1987, in fact I'm sure it was just three or four years ago.

Actually, it was last February, storm Eunice with winds of 77 mph recorded at Langdon Bay near Dover, and 122 mph at the Needles - the highest wind speed ever recorded, I guess in England.

Back
Top Bottom