Solar panel production figures

12.01kWh today which means an efficiency of 3, almost a perfect day as well, just a little dip around 1pm. 18 October was the last time I got that much in a day.

That's because my electricians coming that week, and the panels are going on the roof.

For the good of the team you need to sacrifice those panels and not get them fitted until next Dec ;)

You can use something a bit like this for the Givenergy local pvoutout:

It's just a bash/shell script that sends the sensor data to a web url with an API key and a System ID that you get from the pvoutput website.

You may need to change the sensor names based on what Solis calls the equivalent things.

Once the service exists you can call it on an automation schedule to run.

Think I've got that all set up now... we'll see if it starts sending data tomorrow (I added a sun above horizon condition).

Think I've got that all set up now... we'll see if it starts sending data tomorrow (I added a sun above horizon condition).

You'll probably want an offset for the Sunset to make sure nothing is missed.

I use hourly, but I have an offset on Sunset.

Otherwise it will miss data after sunset, with hourly if it finishes generation at say half past, but sun goes down at quarter to, then it would not submit anything for the prior hour.

raurYVj.png

New best day today: 53.3kwh

Just received our bill for the first full month with the system and we produced almost 500 more kwh than we used...and still got billed $23.89 for "customer fee". Lol

They say they will credit us for our net excess energy generated over the course of the year (if we are net positve for the year), so we may get that fee(s) back when the dust settles.

god-damn-it-randy-marsh-mjcdxff9hby02irf.gif

You'll probably want an offset for the Sunset to make sure nothing is missed.

I use hourly, but I have an offset on Sunset.

Otherwise it will miss data after sunset, with hourly if it finishes generation at say half past, but sun goes down at quarter to, then it would not submit anything for the prior hour.

raurYVj.png

Well the good news is it’s all up and running, data is showing up in PVoutput.

I’ll have a look at tweaking the conditions like you have. Seems to have started capturing at 9w output this morning, I have 5 min intervals which is probably excessive lol

Last edited:

I’ll have a look at tweaking the conditions like you have. Seems to have started capturing at 9w output this morning.

i need to join the OCUK team zeefly......

Its called OCUK Radiation Sponges

I’ll have a look at tweaking the conditions like you have. Seems to have started capturing at 9w output this morning, I have 5 min intervals which is probably excessive lol

Hourly is really more than enough I find, some people do 15 or 30 mins I've seen, but I like hourly.

Back
Top Bottom