Solar panel production figures

26.8kWh and 19.2kWh exported. Reckon it would have been closer to 30kWh if it was a totally clear day. I know the system will do 30kWh in June/July (was installed in June), but not sure what the max production is around this time of year.

Well cracker of a day full sun all day bar one small cloud dip a lovey bell and a new 37.70 Kwh record made on the house.
And the Diy system on the workshop made a nice 9Kwh as well i dont think the house system will do much better than today

System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's
To what extent can you DIY a system? I'm wondering if I can connect a couple of jinko panels to an Anker 767 and then run some appliances off that...

17.1 today with 10.96 exported. More importantly it's the first day we've actually exported more than we've imported since our install (by about 1.5kWh). We've been close a few times recently but today was the day.
Despite it being a nice and bright day, having solar makes you more aware of cloud cover.
Absolutely! I never cared at all before the panels were installed but now I grumble every time the clouds block the sun :).

To what extent can you DIY a system? I'm wondering if I can connect a couple of jinko panels to an Anker 767 and then run some appliances off that...
My workshop has a Hybrid inverter with 1.4Kwh of panels and 4 x 12v 100Ah LifePO4 battery's this is setup as a 12v system and the Hybrid can give out 800w ac max this powers most of my work shop and Koi pond year round.
Plus i then have a micro grid tie system with 1Kw of panels as well. i have been running this for a number of years now

37.8 today but there is potential for so much more…

2eook9X.jpeg

Days like this fool you though. You see high peaks and mentally fill in the blanks.
Then a perfect day comes along and you see lower generation than you expect as the panels will be cooking hot if sitting in blazing sun.
And lets not mention the dust and talk of panel cleaning, we should be good to start those conversations within a month :) ;)

Days like this fool you though. You see high peaks and mentally fill in the blanks.
Then a perfect day comes along and you see lower generation than you expect as the panels will be cooking hot if sitting in blazing sun.
And lets not mention the dust and talk of panel cleaning, we should be good to start those conversations within a month :) ;)
Haha yes, how is it that one of us has not rigged up a panel sprinkler system controlled via home assistant yet?

Seems easy right, a few temperature sensors and a sprinkler set designed for watering gardens - boom automatic solar panel cooling system.

Last edited:
Haha yes, how is it that one of us has not rigged up a panel sprinkler system controlled via home assistant yet?

Seems easy right, a few temperature sensors and a sprinkler set designed for watering gardens - boom automatic solar panel cooling system.

Yep. I just let nature do its thing (washing with tap water is supposed to be bad for people in hard water areas like us)
But must admit its tempting to try to get some dust etc off.

You can get the panels that absorb the heat as well. I've seen them in Canada but not sure if they are available (mainstream) in the UK.
They use a antifreeze type coolant and heatpump to transfer the heat from the panels.

I must admit, next time I do solar I will be looking hard at in roof and cooled panels before I make any purchasing decisions.

No real limits to DIY, unless grid tied - where there are some DNO regulations, as long as you use appropriate equipment and wiring for the current loads and for any larger scale system you'd ideally want fuses in there and appropriate safety systems on any high voltage side.

The 767 supports up to 320 watt solar with up to 32 volt input (10amp) and up to 1.2kw with above 32 volt (20amp).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom