Solar panel production figures

Soldato
Yep. I just let nature do its thing (washing with tap water is supposed to be bad for people in hard water areas like us)
But must admit it’s tempting to try to get some dust etc off.
Where there are problems, there are solutions. Fit a RO filter filter, get a pumped one so you don’t lose too much head pressure, solar powered of course!

I expect this is getting beyond wife approval but where there is a will there is a way :cry:

You can get the panels that absorb the heat as well. I've seen them in Canada but not sure if they are available (mainstream) in the UK.
They use a antifreeze type coolant and heatpump to transfer the heat from the panels.
They are a combined PV and thermal panel, you’d need to run them with glycol and people use them to heat pools etc.

That said I couldn’t see any reason as to why you couldn’t also plum them inline with a heat pump to boost the temperature for home heating in the winter and water heating year round.

You’d probably want to use a heat exchanger rather than having the two directly mix though. Glycol reduces the heat carrying capacity of water so it’s avoided in heat pumps because it reduces efficiency and anti freeze dump valves are preferred.

You’d probably need another solution to dump the heat in the summer as there is only so much hot water you’ll need. Hot tub? DIY pool?

Associate
Days like this fool you though. You see high peaks and mentally fill in the blanks.
Then a perfect day comes along and you see lower generation than you expect as the panels will be cooking hot if sitting in blazing sun.
And lets not mention the dust and talk of panel cleaning, we should be good to start those conversations within a month :) ;)
Found this yesterday I was thinking a 40KWH day would be easy off my split East West 7560w system looking at the past month.
The heat on the panels pulled it down yesterday and watching the shading off the chimney hitting 4 panels as it went across them on the East.
I was thinking it would pull them down in winter with a low sun but even summer its going to take a bite out of production. Glad I went with Tigo optimisers on that side now as well its looking like about 40Kwh is going to be just over the top and i will never get there.

Last edited:
Soldato
No real limits to DIY, unless grid tied - where there are some DNO regulations, as long as you use appropriate equipment and wiring for the current loads and for any larger scale system you'd ideally want fuses in there and appropriate safety systems on any high voltage side.

The 767 supports up to 320 watt solar with up to 32 volt input (10amp) and up to 1.2kw with above 32 volt (20amp).
The Anker solution doesn't seem that worthwhile for my use case then if the limit is only 320W

Man of Honour
Balancing on the roof is tricky at times without scaffold…

is this you:
iu

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Not a bad day I'm happy with the 25.20Kwh i got today

System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's