Solar panel production figures

A second completely cloudy day in a row meaning today was just 1.5kWh after 1.4kWh yesterday. That's on a 4.8kW array too.

I just went from 7.35 to 9.8kW on the batteries on Friday and we haven't had a day good enough to get them much above 30% since. Hopefully tomorrow it is finally sunny.

I would have liked to get another battery to go to 12.2kW but I didn't want to push it on the weight in the loft. I think 130kg in a new build would be risking the ceiling caving in.

A second completely cloudy day in a row meaning today was just 1.5kWh after 1.4kWh yesterday. That's on a 4.8kW array too.

I just went from 7.35 to 9.8kW on the batteries on Friday and we haven't had a day good enough to get them much above 30% since. Hopefully tomorrow it is finally sunny.

I would have liked to get another battery to go to 12.2kW but I didn't want to push it on the weight in the loft. I think 130kg in a new build would be risking the ceiling caving in.
I'd hope not considering many have loft tanks or people of that size going up their. Nice big bit of wood underneath to spread the weight across rafters would be fine.

Ended up with 11kwh today. And didn't really get going until 11.

11.55kWh today, efficiency of 2.8875 ;)

Yeah I know, but even with 1000kwh Ron-ski would still say he prefers to track by efficiency, colour of panels or some other obscure metric.... ;)

When comparing systems its all about the efficiency, just ask @Welshman, of course at the end of the day it is the total generation (8 days to go) that really matters - there I said it once, I won't say it again :D

I see that PET (iwrox) has an effcieincy of 4.298kWh/kW today on PV Output live charts.

3.462 efficiency…..smallest system, great efficiency

Very nice result again.

11.55kWh today, efficiency of 2.8875 ;)

When comparing systems its all about the efficiency, just ask @Welshman, of course at the end of the day it is the total generation (8 days to go) that really matters - there I said it once, I won't say it again :D

I see that PET (iwrox) has an effcieincy of 4.298kWh/kW today on PV Output live charts.

Very nice result again.
Yeh once the sun is out, my system gets it full in the face with zero shading, i think i might get some 30+ kwh days in the summer.

I think the efficiency argument holds water, when it comes down to the size of system you require and fits your own brief. I knew i didn't need a 6, 7, 8 kwh system as i am not a big user of power. So for me i would have been wasting a chunk of money, just to send it to the grid. Also i knew my roof wasnt big enough for a bigger system, unless there was 5,6,700watt panels available at the same size i have now....Yeh bigger systems help in the winter when production can be low, but on most days, it still covers my average day light use.

Last edited:
Efficiency is simply about facing the right direction and having a good angle and a little luck, oh and latitude since that affects the readings at different parts of the year

Most of the above is sheer luck and nothing anyone did unless you specifically bought a certain house to maximise solar, unlikely I would say ;)

Yes I am bitter I have a west facing array :) ;)

Personally I am more interested in getting a baseline for my personal array and being able to see how close I get to its actual potential and what likely generation numbers I have than what they could be if I transported my house 150 miles away and changed its orientation ;)

Ultimately we all win when we reduce our electricity bills, lower our carbon footprint.

A bit of gamification is fun, we we can't suddenly increase our efficiency or orientation. As MKW says it's just luck as to where you decide to live with regards to solar. You don't move house for solar potential.

Ultimately we all win when we reduce our electricity bills, lower our carbon footprint.

A bit of gamification is fun, we we can't suddenly increase our efficiency or orientation. As MKW says it's just luck as to where you decide to live with regards to solar. You don't move house for solar potential.
if i was moving house now or building my own, i would be looking at solar potential as part of the process.......its a no brainer.

if i was moving house now or building my own, i would be looking at solar potential as part of the process.......its a no brainer.

Yes it's a question to ask. But you wouldn't move to the south coast with a south facing house JUST for solar.

If you found your dream house in your dream location but it didn't have a south facing roof you'd still buy the house and make do with whatever you can get.

Yes it's a question to ask. But you wouldn't move to the south coast with a south facing house JUST for solar.

If you found your dream house in your dream location but it didn't have a south facing roof you'd still buy the house and make do with whatever you can get.
my dream house is some where in the mountains of alaska.....with plenty of land and zero neighbours lol

Not only that but factor in the woman factor, unless they are like Katie and worried about solar other factors would play in way more than just the solar potential.
I can imagine the reaction if I said we should buy house x because its got the perfect unshaded roof for solar, but wasn't great in many other ways.
Simply I wouldn't be buying that house ;)

my dream house is some where in the mountains of alaska.....with plenty of land and zero neighbours lol

Plenty of neighbours there, just they are hungry wolves and bears ;)
Oh and the odd chinese spy balloon plummeting out of the sky (hopefully unmanned)

Not only that but factor in the woman factor, unless they are like Katie and worried about solar other factors would play in way more than just the solar potential.
I can imagine the reaction if I said we should buy house x because its got the perfect unshaded roof for solar, but wasn't great in many other ways.
Simply I wouldn't be buying that house ;)

Plenty of neighbours there, just they are hungry wolves and bears ;)
Oh and the odd chinese spy balloon plummeting out of the sky (hopefully unmanned)
i prefer the wolves and bears....at least you know they are dangerous lol

Back
Top Bottom