Solar panel production figures

Not only that but factor in the woman factor, unless they are like Katie and worried about solar other factors would play in way more than just the solar potential.
I can imagine the reaction if I said we should buy house x because its got the perfect unshaded roof for solar, but wasn't great in many other ways.
Simply I wouldn't be buying that house ;)

Would never now buy a house without a suitable solar roof! You can have things pretty and functional!

We have net metering here, so extra goes back into the grid to offset future usage. At the end of the year the electric company pays us for the total extra over the course of the year.

That's awesome, I was just saying to my mate the other day it'd be nice if the meter ran backwards lol.

@Welshman in a standard ISA atmosphere you only drop 2 degrees per 1000ft, so you'd only be about 3 degrees cooler than sea level (and that's generous to be honest at low level). It'll have an impact for sure, but probably not a huge one.... if, as is likely, you get a bit more of a breeze up there however that'll probably help more than the temperature drop alone with the air moving over the panels keeping them cool. Will be interesting to see how it works out for you.

That's awesome, I was just saying to my mate the other day it'd be nice if the meter ran backwards lol.

@Welshman in a standard ISA atmosphere you only drop 2 degrees per 1000ft, so you'd only be about 3 degrees cooler than sea level (and that's generous to be honest at low level). It'll have an impact for sure, but probably not a huge one.... if, as is likely, you get a bit more of a breeze up there however that'll probably help more than the temperature drop alone with the air moving over the panels keeping them cool. Will be interesting to see how it works out for you.

I'm curious to see how summer works out. We have lots of sun, but also get hit with brief thunder storms for an hour or two almost every day that time of year. -And our central AC unit will be working HARD with all the heat and humidity, so probably highest usage too.

Right now could be the best circumstances for our energy. -almost no rain, low humidity, and reasonable temperatures so central AC isn't doing much work.

Last edited:
went out for a drive last night (might have forgotten to get the missus some flowers for valentines day) and it was some of the thickest fog I've seen... at points you could barely see the sides of the road!

It's still really misty here. The joys of being less 50m above water level and by a river.

Last edited:
Already hitting a new peak high today for sustained generation.
Forgot to readjust all the settings after yesterdays saving session so started charging the batteries at 1:30!
Luckily I noticed fairly quickly and solar was strong so at most I must have used about 300w or so.

Batteries getting 2kw at the mo so will be full soon.
Hot water tank will be getting some solar juice.

Outside chance I may break 3kw on panel generation today. It has peaked above before but I am excluding any that are simple peaks as panels would be cold and cannot 100% trust 5 minute peaks.

Back
Top Bottom