Solar panel production figures

944 so far since we got the panels mid October. Not complaining at all!

I think at this rate hopefully we'll be good for a few MWh per year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214-175517.png
    Screenshot_20230214-175517.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 5
Three lovely sunny days, 16C today.
Not had to use the grid at all to charge the battery for the first 14 days of Feb, battery made it up to 95% today(17Kw) , looks like 4/5 days of poor solar weather coming.
More sun please :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, new here... we had a pv system fitted yesterday, so today is our 1st day of production.
7 panels facing SE and 10 facing SW in the east midlands
395w Qcells
3.6kW Sunsynk inverter
5.12kW/hr Sunsynk battery

All morning was foggy until around 13:00 where we were at about 800W then the sun kinda broke through and we were producing ~2kW

6.7kW/hr produced today.
Total usage was 12kW

We've signed the g98 form, whats next in terms of being able to export?
Will Eon automatically take care if it or do we need to do anything?

A perfect solar day 13.17kWh 3.2925 efficiency

Perfect-Solar-Day-2023-02-14.jpg

Just looking at pvoutput live….is @iwrox system reading right, hes got a 4.2kwh system, putting out 4.4kwhs

I'm not sure who that is, but their generation for the day 19.1kWh looks rather high for a 4.235kw system, noticed that the other day as well, but its south facing at 35 degree pitch.

Hi guys, new here... we had a pv system fitted yesterday, so today is our 1st day of production.
7 panels facing SE and 10 facing SW in the east midlands
395w Qcells
3.6kW Sunsynk inverter
5.12kW/hr Sunsynk battery

All morning was foggy until around 13:00 where we were at about 800W then the sun kinda broke through and we were producing ~2kW

6.7kW/hr produced today.
Total usage was 12kW

We've signed the g98 form, whats next in terms of being able to export?
Will Eon automatically take care if it or do we need to do anything?

You'll need an MCS certificate and installation diagram, and the letter to the DNO. Well at least that's what I needed to do.

You can then apply for the SEG that you want. You don't have to use EON you can apply to which ever SEG tariff that you want.

Thanks freefaller.
I guess octopus is the defacto supplier for their 15p export rate?

Any others worth looking into?

They also have an agile export rate that varies but many people stick to the 15p fixed rate. Although they're introducing a new tariff https://octopus.energy/smart/flux/

Which looks quite interesting. However I'd suggest getting a good year's worth of data or at least an indicative understanding of your winter generation to see if it makes sense for your system.

Although they're introducing a new tariff https://octopus.energy/smart/flux/

huh... "Super cheap rates between 02:00 - 05:00 every day, when you can top up your battery with any extra energy you may need."

cost between 02:00 - 05:00 = 20.4p/kWh....

Super cheap issit?

Good export rate though if you dump the packs at the required time, but you'd have to get it right so as not to run out in the evening/night and start buying back at 34p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom