Solar panel production figures

Thats unusual, it normally moves but from what I have seen its max 20% or so from evening until next day
I usually do a refresh mid evening to see the following day and thats generally good enough

There is quite a band of rain working its was across teh UK today, I think in teh east we will just about avoid it impacting todays generation but pretty much most of the country are likely to see generation cut well down today i think

Do you go directly to solcast or is it imported? Maybe if imported it hadn't updated?

I’m using forecast.solar and importing into home assistant…. All updating fine.

Might try running both solcast and forecast.solar to see which gets it right more often.

Ah ok, solcast does seem pretty good.

Although of course it cannot take account of say shading from a house or something similar

Nice thing about forecast.solar is that you can add a damping factor to reduce the output from eg shading or inefficiency as the system ages. In theory the code supports a separate evening and morning damping factor but that's not yet supported on the HA integration.... might need to adjust the damping factor monthly or so as the shading changes until may where it goes away, would be cool if you could automate that too!

I kinda just want an idea of baseline personally.
I dont plan to try to get super accurate with messing with battery charge etc.
I will probably stick to just seasons in regards when I would consider not charging over night

Although with 7.5p go units and a solar diverter my system means I am pretty much neutral in cost if I overcharge and bar bonkers levels of solar will never export.

Everyones situation will vary though of course :)

Last edited:
I can pull individual strings into home assistant.

So you’ve requested API access from Solis and got the key and secret?

In home assistant I’m just using the Solis integration here https://github.com/hultenvp/solis-sensor/ and it should give you sensors for current, voltage and power for PV1 and PV2

GE only gives a single string data, and I have all the data I need for HA. I'm just curious to split the strings into HA, I've got access the solis cloud if I wanted to see it, but it would be nice to have in HA.

Yes I have the APIs, I've entered everything as per the guide, but not sure on why it's giving an error.

Currently we're making 300w, the battery is at 35% and being discharged with nothing coming from the grid.
Is this the best use or should we be trying to charge the battery for this evening and import bow?

Guess it makes no odds given were on a standard tariff atm, just a shame to go into the evening with a flat battery

If you charge your battery and then reuse it you will see losses, so it comes down to if you want to minimise your impact on the grid. Surely 35% will get you through until 20:00 when the grid has coped with its peak demand.

Back
Top Bottom