Solar panel production figures

There is a link in my signature to the VRM (click again if it complains about a password), if you look on the advance tab in the VRM there are two graph's, one shows each individual string, the other the total generation. It's better viewed on a monitor as there are loads of graphs.

I expected ours to be higher, I have a server with circa 320 TB of drives, all sorts of network equipment, two fridge freezers etc.

To be honest I thought ours would be higher but I've set everything up to shutdown at night or when not in use. Other than the NAS box and the Pi.

Even our chest freezer and fridge seem to tick along nicely.

Maybe I just don't have as much tech as I thought!

Been a slow cloudy start to the day...but nearly up to to 2kwhs now and hopefully we be motoring for the rest of the day. What's good to see, is we just had a good 15min spell up over 3kwhs from the panels and its still only February and pretty cold today

Last edited:
Just started to get a little sun peaking out and it’s almost fully charged the packs back up.

Just hit a new peak of 5970w which is basically max output from the inverter… not bad given there’s a little shading on the first string going on at this point

Last edited:
We hit a peak of 4.01kW on our 4.8kW array this morning. I'm certainly pleased they installed a 5.0kW inverter without asking!

Its just a shame the weather has been so pants of late. We got installed on 27th January and had an amazing run of 8 out of 11 days above 11kW. It was a bit of a false dawn as since 10th February only 6 days have topped 5kW. :rolleyes:

Total so far for February is 163.0kW.

Re baseline load: Yeah, we've got 6 fridges and freezers, 3 servers/NASs and a whole raft of technology, so no big surprise I guess...!

Ooh very cool VRM - I'm poking around as I type.....! I'm surprised that your East, West and existing panels are basically producing the same amount? Am I reading correctly?

Last edited:
Ooh very cool VRM - I'm poking around as I type.....! I'm surprised that your East, West and existing panels are basically producing the same amount? Am I reading correctly?

Yes you are reading correctly, I was just explaining to my wife why, although I'm pretty sure she wasn't interested :rolleyes:

We've had a dull overcast cloudy day, so the clouds diffuse the light, so not much if any shadows, and an even light spread. Production of the garage array is about 25% more than the roof array, at nearly 5kw it is 25% larger than the 4kw array on the house roof, so that correlates well.

It will be interesting to see the difference on a perfect solar day, but the weather is pretty poor for the full forecast period, up to 8 March.

6.4kWh produced today, so far 0.1kWh exported to the grid, 0.7kWh imported from the grid, and 11kWh consumed, the battery will be flat before the morning, so will be interesting to see if that all works correctly.

Thats with a 6.56kW array. No battery, the plan is to use the grid as my battery for now. Excess gets pumped into the hot water. My boss has offered me a bunch of batteries that we are replacing in the network that I can use to make my own. Considering that, but they are not particularly large (12v-31ah), but generally have never really been discharged (battery backup in telephone exchanges).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom