Solar panel production figures

Associate
12:30 and already at 10.6 and battery up to 94% :D

Also regarding Octopus how often does their data lag behind, still got no info for yesterdays export, I assumed it would be up to date if they take 30m readings.

Soldato
12:30 and already at 10.6 and battery up to 94% :D

Also regarding Octopus how often does their data lag behind, still got no info for yesterdays export, I assumed it would be up to date if they take 30m readings.

They're about a day behind seems kind of random when it appears.

I don't tend to worry too much it usually shows up before the end of the day for the previous one.

Associate
They're about a day behind seems kind of random when it appears.

I don't tend to worry too much it usually shows up before the end of the day for the previous one.
:D

image.png

This is fun

Associate
Generation 23.4
Export 9.4
Before 4pm 7.5
After 4pm 1.9

Pretty much stop exporting at 6pm as sun is behind roof so generation is lower than house load, going to look into something for next year, something that I can manually tilt upwards and to the left/right mwuahahahahahahaha

Associate
Im probably getting a house that needs a full refurb and the difference between a brand new gas Vs heat pump makes things pretty close cost wise. Debating if I shouldn't just go gas and solar instead. Air source heat pumps like under floor heating to reach 4.0 cops which adds more cost. I think a hp AND solar would be too much of a cost investment so it's one or the other
Our house needed a full refurb and that's when we put in the solar and ASHP.
With the renewable heat incentive the cost of the heat pump was fully covered by gov grant over 7 years. I think the RHI is closed now but I thought there was still a good gov grant for replacing a gas boiler with heat pump. Something like £5k, which should cover most of the install cost.

Associate
I don't but I will consider one when my boiler reaches end of life. I hope to get rid of gas then.

I am hoping there will be more options then however like a stone battery or a roof mounted heat pump........ hell i may just get a hot water tank and IR radiators ....
but a heat pump will likely be on the list to consider . they DO work but your house insulation needs to be good and also as I understand it you don't want microbore pipes in your system if you plan to reuse your old pipes
I can confirm ASHP work really well, but you're right, the house needs to be well insulated and drafts minimised (but still maintain air flow). Underfloor heating with large bore (+20mm) work well, especially in screed with tiled floors but also works on other floor types (with some caveats). We have UFH throughout including wooden floors and carpet floor.
ASHPs can burn through a large amount of electricity in certain conditions, e.g. very cold but damp or foggy weather because it keeps cycling it's defrost mode. Usually during the winter the ASHP uses 15-20 kwh per day but it can rise to 30kwh when the weather is unfavorable.
(edited after checking ASHP electric usage)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom