Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Pick me one up! :D my mates got home assistant ready to go on an sd card but cannot get a rpi for a good price!
Sorry!! "Please be aware that we’re limiting Raspberry Pi 4 to one of these computers per person."
Could get you a nice mug though...

I have an old Rpi 3 I think doing nothing, is that one that people are after, or is it just Rpi 4? I didn't realise there was an Rpi shortage :)

If Rpi 3 has any value I'm happy to look at selling it here on the MM or whatever for a sensible price.

I have an old Rpi 3 I think doing nothing, is that one that people are after, or is it just Rpi 4? I didn't realise there was an Rpi shortage :)

If Rpi 3 has any value I'm happy to look at selling it here on the MM or whatever for a sensible price.
MASSIVE shortage of 4s, they're sold online for 2/3/4X their ~£50 price tag.
3s are going for the list price of 4s, and work fine for HomeAssistant supposedly https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/raspberrypi

MASSIVE shortage of 4s, they're sold online for 2/3/4X their ~£50 price tag.
3s are going for the list price of 4s, and work fine for HomeAssistant supposedly https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/raspberrypi
I have a pi3 I bought a while back because everyone was buying them - and then I read that stuff and I realise why I don't use it! It's just far too time consuming for someone like me to get their head around (whilst I'm fairly techy, this is way beyond me).

I'd be keen to link it into my ACto adjust on/off depending upon the current battery level and solar generation, and also to look to automate some of the off peak charging based upon next day generation expectations.

I have a new Zappi (v2.1) which I'm really pleased with. The v2s have the hub built in so you don't need to buy one as well provided you can get a cable to the CT clamp at the incoming supply. I believe that the new Harvis are the same, you just select whether its the hub device or not but I don't have one so not certain.
The 2.1s also have an on-board ethernet socket and screwless connection terminals. Top install tip: its only fast ethernet (100mb) so there are four spare cores out of the eight in the cat5 cable so you can use them for the CT clamp(s) connection.

I would buy the CT and use it if it meant it could measure my import and export but when I explored the app or info it looks like you need a form of hub to do this whereas I only have the Eddi at the moment.

Page 2/6 of the information screen,:
OJdhBch_d.webp

Back
Top Bottom