Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

This is for Happy Hippos

About 4-6 years ago, I contacted the Highways Agency about the solar panels on the north side of the M27 (facing south) near Fareham. Actual site is not far past Junction 9 going east. Multiple weeds had grown over them so I wanted them to trim the weeds, and probably double their output.

Anyway after the usual run around, I was told that the Highways Agency had been contacted many years prior asking them to take part in a solar experiment on a Motorway. That particular site had been chosen because there were 4 houses at the top just out of sight.

Scroll forwards to about 2/3 years before my phone call and apparently the inverter had been stolen. Whoever had owned the system promised the Highways Agency that they would fix it all. We must be looking at about 10 years since they were working, so if anyone wants a few more panels, it could be considered that you might just be helping to tidy up the Motorway. Happy Hippos is closer than me, so he could no doubt help you

Not sure who Happy Hippos is!

I found a PDF that goes into some detail, they apparently are "solar laminate" instead of panels, additionally the generation isn't that amazing compared with the systems people here have really.

Only 800 kwh for the whole lot in a summer month, not terrible, but I've seen similar figures or those approaching them from systems here sat on peoples rooftops.

Not sure who Happy Hippos is!

I found a PDF that goes into some detail, they apparently are "solar laminate" instead of panels, additionally the generation isn't that amazing compared with the systems people here have really.

Only 800 kwh for the whole lot in a summer month, not terrible, but I've seen similar figures or those approaching them from systems here sat on peoples rooftops.

Happy hippos is a fed hungry hippo :P

HUGE feast has been cooked. I'm in BIG trouble on the battery. Fallen out with the wife, slightly, when I suggested she should turn off ovens / hobs between different foods. Hahaha. Still, it's cheaper than eating out.

Back
Top Bottom