Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

I wouldnt show up on a usage table compared to these guys…we only use between 4 and 5kwhs a day here lol.

I mean i was exporting off 350watts of solar production yesterday lol

That is outstanding mate! Although you might have got away with a flat pack kit or portable off-grid if your use is always really low.

I have conditioned the use OK managing the consumption overall, although you can tell when the wife is off work days for example as the import use is blatantly matching them days! :cry:

That is outstanding mate! Although you might have got away with a flat pack kit or portable off-grid if your use is always really low.

I have conditioned the use OK managing the consumption overall, although you can tell when the wife is off work days for example as the import use is blatantly matching them days! :cry:
Not easy connecting all that to the house for the export gains though…..will add a battery next year and see how much more money we can save from grid import

Ive got this to see what i might be able to produce each month…..its got 81kwh for december, which im pretty close to already

The solar saddo that I am, I have crunched the figures above against my predicted monthly targets. I am assuming the same overall output for the year.

Jan 113
Feb 159
Mar 307
Apl 391
May 398
Jun 415
Jul 365
Aug 341
Sep 288
Oct 238
Nov 127
Dec 97

Total 3240

What sticks out is the higher predictions for July and August. I think this is the result of using theoretical predictions against actual data. In real life, my panels like myself, have lower energy levels when it is hot (July) or even hotter (August). The one thing I do remember, when I collected my data from Germany in 2011, is that solar output is significantly higher in the 3 months prior to the summer solstice than the 3 months following. If this is because of the higher ambient temperatures it would explain quite a lot.

Good luck with getting 97kw this month.

Domestic is out of bed so I need to be good.....................

@Peteronthesouthcoast Thats what I see, second quater is normally the best quarter, so April, May and June, although this year has had a much better third quarter, but still not as good as second quarter.

Solar-Production-quarters.jpg

PS Looks like blue skies all day here, currently generating 1.05kw, need to put the dishwasher on soon.

Q2 looks like since the longest daylight hours are in June
If you compare May to July
April to Sept etc you get a far more equal although still skewed graph

Typically UK weather I feel is better in the spring than the autumn.
If we get bad weather for the season it seems to happen far more frequently in late summer than early. (He says as an allotmenteer)

The solar saddo that I am, I have crunched the figures above against my predicted monthly targets. I am assuming the same overall output for the year.

Jan 113
Feb 159
Mar 307
Apl 391
May 398
Jun 415
Jul 365
Aug 341
Sep 288
Oct 238
Nov 127
Dec 97

Total 3240

What sticks out is the higher predictions for July and August. I think this is the result of using theoretical predictions against actual data. In real life, my panels like myself, have lower energy levels when it is hot (July) or even hotter (August). The one thing I do remember, when I collected my data from Germany in 2011, is that solar output is significantly higher in the 3 months prior to the summer solstice than the 3 months following. If this is because of the higher ambient temperatures it would explain quite a lot.

Good luck with getting 97kw this month.

Domestic is out of bed so I need to be good.....................
Its 81kwh this month…..97kwh next month (january), but even your own graph shows higher production for january than december, so its possible i will see the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom