Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Would they travel as far north as Fife for a 1 day job?
Guess you've tried Evi group in Dunfermline? RB Grant have done Givenergy kit in the past but said they couldn't get it last time I asked. I'd be tempted to give a battery a go myself after a bit of research but I've not actually looked too closely :)

Lol, unfortunately not!

Its in addition to an existing Solar system.
Have you tried an electrician?
I'd be tempted to give a battery a go myself after a bit of research but I've not actually looked too closely :)

Installing an AC connected battery is very straight forwarded, a couple of forum members have done it, ideally though you'd want it signing off as Part P although not sure what the score is in Scotland.

Last edited:
Guess you've tried Evi group in Dunfermline? RB Grant have done Givenergy kit in the past but said they couldn't get it last time I asked. I'd be tempted to give a battery a go myself after a bit of research but I've not actually looked too closely :)
Evi quoted me £10k for installing a 9.5Kwh battery. They’re not cheap. That was for a fresh install though, not an additional battery

Evi quoted me £10k for installing a 9.5Kwh battery. They’re not cheap. That was for a fresh install though, not an additional battery
£6k Installation!!! That's mental. I thought they might be a little pricey, but that's just taking the mick. ( Unless it's inverter as well and associated cabling then it's just daylight robbery ;)

£6k Installation!!! That's mental. I thought they might be a little pricey, but that's just taking the mick. ( Unless it's inverter as well and associated cabling then it's just daylight robbery ;)
£2.5k installation, £7k for battery and inverter. Not quite £10k but close enough

Yes EVI are expensive (as noted above). RB Grant were the original installers before they jacked the price up.

I find it crazy people entertaining ~£10k for the installation of a 9.5KWh battery, when you can buy three 4.8kWh LFP rack batteries (13kWh useable), and a 5kW inverter for a shade over £6k (inc. VAT)

Yes EVI are expensive (as noted above). RB Grant were the original installers before they jacked the price up.

RB Grant we’re my original installers who ****ed up my DNO application repeatedly until I told them where to go.

I find it crazy people entertaining ~£10k for the installation of a 9.5KWh battery, when you can buy three 4.8kWh LFP rack batteries (13kWh useable), and a 5kW inverter for a shade over £6k (inc. VAT)

The issue is finding people capable of installing the system. It’s all very well buying the kit yourself which I’m sure many of us would prefer to do but correctly installing the equipment is another matter.

Yes you can buy stuff but I think people aren't that inclined to install it.

If it were me I would want to supply and install, because a) you know where the parts are coming from + you can warranty them and b) you can discount the equipment a bit as it's trade priced but still make good money on the installation costs.

That's nuts. They're just ripping people off.

You could get what I installed with 13kw of battery for under £5k. I had it installed in a couple of hours, and the majority of the time was spent making it neat and tidy.

Even if you didn't want to install yourself, I can't see a general electrician charging anywhere near the amount you've been quoted for such an easy job.

Last edited:
I'd expect it to be this bundle. So £5900 Inc vat.

I am also out
I have had crazy quotes and unprofessional behaviours in Cambridgeshire area. I even had a quote for £25 for 16 panels and 10kwh bat. With the price of electricity coming down, it makes no sense.
I ll install panels when and if installation prices reduce drastically, with no or minimal mark up and when I ll be respected as a customer and have transparency in billing and equipment supplied. If it never happens, I ll just have to live without panels. With a probable pay back time of 10-20 years if electricity prices indeed reduce, it is not a big deal.

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom