Solar panels and battery - any real world reccomendations?

Associate
Got back onto Spectra Solar to amend the quote.
Asked for additional panels for the detatched garage, an extra battery, with the batteries etc all housed inside the garage.
This does mean I will have to dig a trench from the house to the garage 7m away (I will do that myself to save some cash).
The scaffold is more expensive as they have to run down the side of the house above an extension, then the same around the back.
They have come back with this quote:

Solar PV System Size: - 10.12kW
Battery Storage Size: - 15.96kWh
Total price for installation: - £14,996.00

23 X Jinko Tiger Neo 440W N-Type All Black Mono Panels
Price includes all cable & electrical sundries
(25yr Product Warranty- 30yr Linear Power Warranty)
1 Sunsynk 8kW ECCO Hybrid Inverter
(10yr Manufacturer warranty)
1 Emlite NET Gen meter
1 15.96kWh Sunsynk Battery Storage (90% Usable)
(NEW 2024 BATTERY)
(10yr Manufacturer warranty)
1 Renusol Roof Mounting Kit
1 Wi-Fi Dongle for Cloud Access/Mobile App
1 Consumer Unit + SPD
1 Bird Protection + Installation
1 4X Tigo Optimisers
1 Armoured Cable + Ducting
1 7kW MyEnergi Zappi Untethered Charger
1 Description of Services Qty Unit Price Total Price
Design, Installation & Setup
1 MCS Cert, DNO(G98/G99), Elec Cert (EIC), HIES Warranty IBG
1 Free Site Survey prior to Installation
1 Free Online Monitoring
1 24 Months defects “return to site” warranty
1 Goods & Services Sub Total: £14,016.00
Scaffolding: £980.00
GROUND WORKS TO BE CARRIED OUT BY CUSTOMER PRIOR TO INSTALLATION £0.00
VAT @ 0%: £0.00
Total: £14,996.00

Our average usage per month over the last 7 months is 865kw - the hot tub has been off since January, so that will be going back on again soon (which will increase this usage), as will the car charger.
All advice greatfully recieved.
Many thanks
Getting the survey done for this tomorrow.
Would it be a worthwhile benefit to upgrade the batteries to 20kw for ROI, or am I good to go with this?

We registered weeks ago for a quote for Tesla - they only just contacted us yesterday (very poor call back effort).
Have given them the spec, very much doubt they will get anywhere near this quote tbh, but no harm looking - they said they will let us know tomorrow.

Thanks

Soldato

Yarp..check out my face on that photo, ha. My brother walked some up the ladder to me but some were passed on the balcony. I managed to put 25 up there. Space for another 35 or so but probably won’t go any further, this is sufficient and it gets addictive!!
Wow space for 60, I don't think I've seen that many panels on a roof before.

You're right, it is addictive, I'm even looking around, could put a few more in the garden :cry:

Let's see how it does over the next few months, hopefully I won't need to add more kit

Soldato
Getting the survey done for this tomorrow.
Would it be a worthwhile benefit to upgrade the batteries to 20kw for ROI, or am I good to go with this?
It depends on how much power usage you can move to the cheap overnight period (typically 11:30 - 05:30), the more you can consume in that period, the less return you get from an additional battery.

Only you can really answer that.

We registered weeks ago for a quote for Tesla - they only just contacted us yesterday (very poor call back effort).
Have given them the spec, very much doubt they will get anywhere near this quote tbh, but no harm looking - they said they will let us know tomorrow.

Thanks
It will be more expensive but it will be a better system with more features. For a start it will be whole home back up, whether that has any value to you or not is another question. The battery/inverter combo can output 11kw, I'm not familiar with the Sunsync but typical hybrid systems can only do 3.6kw or 5kw from their batteries.

Premium product, premium price basically.

Back
Top Bottom