Sold on Ebay, buyer is round the corner.. can I hand deliver?

Soldato
Stupid question, but I sold a phone case on Ebay and turns out the buyer is about a 5min walk away. I put £2.99 for 1st class signed for post, but can I just hand deliver it? My trust in Ebay/buyers is pretty much zero so I don't want to leave myself open to claims of it "wasn't delivered" etc. At the same time I can save a couple quid and he is actually closer than the Post Office.

Take multiple pics of his front door with the parcel sticking out? lol.. :confused:

Man of Honour
I put £2.99 for 1st class signed for post
Deliver it by hand, get him to sign for it. Your 5 mins of walking is calculated at a labour rate of £2.99. You have a signature proving it was delivered, you can also take a photo.

It doesn't get any more "!st class" than personalised delivery. The buyer need not know you are only 5 mins away.

Associate
I'd hand deliver it and get him to sign a eBay printout of the sale. Send him a message via eBay asking him to agree it's OK to do this before you do it, so there is a record that eBay can see, then when you deliver it, take a few images like a lot of the couriers do these days and and upload them into the message thread.

Permabanned
The question is here - how much is the phone case worth? Can you lose the value of the phone case if it goes bugger up.

What's the difference you delivering it over a postman delivering it?

Take multiple pics of his front door with the parcel sticking out? lol.. :confused:
Do this. There's no harm in doing it. Make sure you do a map of your postage though for tracking purposes.

Soldato
Assuming the buyer doesn't know what you look like?

How would the buyer not know you are a courier, turn up, hand the parcel saying you need a photo for delivery (loads of couriers do this) and leave.

He doesn't have to know you are the seller.

Back
Top Bottom