some lowlife tried to sexually assault my gf

Soldato
Call the police(999), the guy may have gone off done it to someone else.

A similar incident happened many years ago with a GF of mine (Though i heard her scream and chased him off), we called the police and apparently he had done worse to another girl down the road.

My GF was taken to a safe house and interviewed, as was I as I had seen him briefly from behind when I was chasing him. They caught him and we attended a line-up at the local police station.

My GF couldn't identify him as it was dark and she was shaken up but I did, so did the other victim. As far as I know he was banged up.

So, get off internet and call police now!!

EDIT>> One advantage of living in a semi police state is the fact they probably have him on CCTV somewhere, this is the polices job to check not yours.

Strange that you/your girlfriend weren't called as a witness?

Soldato
Report it 100%.

This... I would be livid!

This person needs to be caught, it is one thing to just go out and try it on but taking a knife, he had every intention of taking it all the way. Call the police, they will pull the CCTV for you so you don't need to enquire at the shops.

Edit: Also why was she walking home alone at this time in the morning. I would always meet the other half in town if she couldn't get a taxi (complete with a "comfy" pair of shoes :p so she can walk home without fear of stepping on glass).

Associate
Whats wrong with you? You create a thread on here before you call the police :confused:

OF COURSE YOU PHONE THE POLICE STRAIGHT AWAY!

Soldato
Worst advice ever!

Obviously calling them 4 hours later is dumb, but if anyone is assulted, sexually assulted, raped etc. then it does warrant a 999 call.
Disagreed, Skyfalls advise was correct at the time of posting. Yes the OP could have called 999 as soon as he heard straight after the event but anything later than that phone your local station of use 101.

To quote the Police
What is the difference between 101 and 999?
You should continue to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened. To contact the police for any other reason, call 101.

Soldato
Worst advice ever!

Obviously calling them 4 hours later is dumb, but if anyone is assulted, sexually assulted, raped etc. then it does warrant a 999 call.

Not sure I agree with this... It can take some women some time to come to terms with what has happened. Obviously going to the police the sooner the better.

Man of Honour
Forgive me here for this sort of thing is terrible and you of course have my sympathy, but why the HELL do you need to ask for advice on such a thing from an internet forum? I'm astonished how little life skills some of the people on this site seem to have, young though many of you may be. This MUST be reported for there is a person 1) carrying a knife, 2) threatening females in a sexual manner, why would you NOT seek to report such an incident?

A call to the station local to the incident and then a meeting asap is where you should be focused. I hope you get it sorted and I hope your partner does not suffer long term from such a frighting incident.

Soldato
Forgive me here for this sort of thing is terrible and you of course have my sympathy, but why the HELL do you need to ask for advice on such a thing from an internet forum? I'm astonished how little life skills some of the people on this site seem to have, young though many of you may be. This MUST be reported for there is a person 1) carrying a knife, 2) threatening females in a sexual manner, why would you NOT seek to report such an incident?

A call to the station local to the incident and then a meeting asap is where you should be focused. I hope you get it sorted and I hope your partner does not suffer long term from such a frighting incident.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ntg

ntg

Associate
..im seething right now could literally carve his face off.

Let's hope he is caught and given some community service or probated sentence. That should rehabilitate him and stop him from doing it again! Right folks?

Oh, yeah, we should get him on the sex offenders register too, that'll stop him for good.

OP: I think you should talk to the perpetrator (if caught) and try to understand why he did it. I'm sure you'll realise that he has come from a poor background, broken home perhaps? It's necessary to empathise and realise the force behind his actions. Then you can forgive and maybe..just maybe help him that little bit towards self-improvement. Sometimes they just need a hug.

Back
Top Bottom