• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Soldato
Well, i just tried upping mine to 4ghz and failed.

Didn't save my previous settings - doh!

I'm going to take advantage of your misfortune and back mine up now :)
Grats on having a decent chip though. Mine is a runt lol. Not that 200mhz is going to make much difference tbh. I'll just be chilling here with temps of 52 in silence pretending i don't care about 4ghz :cry

Soldato
I don't know why I keep getting that nagging feeling to have 4ghz.

Its going to make practically no difference from 3.95.

OCD mate, when I was at 3.9 i my cpu-z was reading 3899 it was annoying. For some reason 3.8 reports as 3800. I doubt I'll ever truly understand ryzen lol

On a side note, I've just installed some be quiet! silent wings, they are awesome!

Associate
I'm going to take advantage of your misfortune and back mine up now :)
Grats on having a decent chip though. Mine is a runt lol. Not that 200mhz is going to make much difference tbh. I'll just be chilling here with temps of 52 in silence pretending i don't care about 4ghz :cry

I doubt you'd see a huge real world difference anyway tbh. Quiet rigs are nice (preparing for my runt)

Soldato
Associate
I saw a video on a stock vs 4.1, can't remember which CPU exactly. May have been 1800X though, but average fps difference at 1440p was like 5fps.

Associate
OCD mate, when I was at 3.9 i my cpu-z was reading 3899 it was annoying. For some reason 3.8 reports as 3800. I doubt I'll ever truly understand ryzen lol

On a side note, I've just installed some be quiet! silent wings, they are awesome!

Out of interest which model number on the Be quiet ?

Got coolmasters on my AIO but they do have a little hum to them that's bugging me a tad !

Thanks

Soldato
Out of interest which model number on the Be quiet ?

Got coolmasters on my AIO but they do have a little hum to them that's bugging me a tad !

Thanks
be quiet! Pure Wings BL046
These are a lot quiter than the corsair AF120 quiet edition they replace. They spin backwards though! I've got them to completely stop when vrm temps are below 40c its weird watching them kick back up lol.

Associate
I saw a video on a stock vs 4.1, can't remember which CPU exactly. May have been 1800X though, but average fps difference at 1440p was like 5fps.

Does make you wonder if it is worth the extra volts and heat output. At 3440x1440, I am seeing no difference in FPS when overclocking.

Following bios updates, my 1700 can now run 3.6Ghz on all core on 1.00v with 3200Mhz RAM with silly low temps. Thinking of sitting there until I need to performance lift which wont be for a very very long time.

Or 3.7Ghz on stock volts (sub 1.2v)

Soldato
Minimal difference for me tbh
2ufgegy.png

Soldato
Thanks to the guys that have followed this series of events that I have experienced these past few days.
Unfortunately the success I had earlier was short lived I'll break it down here;
1.44v 3.9ghz 1.5v dram = pass
1.44v 4.0ghz 1.5v dram = fail
1.42v 3.9ghz 1.5v dram = fail
1.44v 3.9ghz 1.45v dram = fail

I then went back to the settings that got me to pass the first time, this resulted in a fail. How can a platform be so inconsistent?
Looks like I'm back at verified 100% settings 1.37v 3.8 1.35v dram

My gskill ram has been found to not be working as it should. This might go someway to deciphering what's been going on with CPU overclocks.

Associate
be quiet! Pure Wings BL046
These are a lot quiter than the corsair AF120 quiet edition they replace. They spin backwards though! I've got them to completely stop when vrm temps are below 40c its weird watching them kick back up lol.

I assume they were ( number 2) then be quiet PURE WINGS 2 120mm Quiet PWM PC Case Fan ?

Swear my coolmaster ones are humming ( zeeeeeeeee) a litte bugging the hell out of me atm as i had on my last H50 Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fans ( tempted to go for them maybe )

Just been in my case again to see if anything is vibrating and it's not

Soldato
I assume they were ( number 2) then be quiet PURE WINGS 2 120mm Quiet PWM PC Case Fan ?

Swear my coolmaster ones are humming ( zeeeeeeeee) a litte bugging the hell out of me atm as i had on my last H50 Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fans ( tempted to go for them maybe )

Just been in my case again to see if anything is vibrating and it's not

Yes those pure wings 2. They have like ridges all along the fan blades.

Back
Top Bottom