• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Soldato
What about it? clocked 3770k will be right up there with it.

7700k is pegged in BF1, this will only get worse in future.
2u6ojls.jpg

Associate
I WOULD STILL LIKE SOME EDUCATION ON THESE SETTINGS

DYNAMIC V CORE (DVD) + 0.168

DYNAMIC V CORE SOC (DVID) + 0.168

EXPERIMENT
This fails, cinebench and about 30 sec of aida64 - But I am going to leave this setting as it is. Gonna see if in the real world, my world , if it crashes in apps i use. Doubt if I will ever use 100% cpu usage

Associate

EXPERIMENT
This fails, cinebench and about 30 sec of aida64 - But I am going to leave this setting as it is. Gonna see if in the real world, my world , if it crashes in apps i use. Doubt if I will ever use 100% cpu usage
You don't need to use 100% cpu to see it's unstable:) My was crashing stress tests after around 2hrs and it was then doing the same while playing Mass Effect which uses less than 50%. Too low V for 4 in you case, it's gonna freeze sooner than you think.

Associate
thanks - can you help me about the vt -

because on the giga b350 you cannot punch in a value like ' 135vt ' it seems you have a fixed flat rate and then you add or minus

Soldato

because on the giga b350 you cannot punch in a value like ' 135vt ' it seems you have a fixed flat rate and then you add or minus

I have no experience with these boards and what looks to be their "unique" voltage control but if its unstable at a frequency you need more voltage or lower the frequency.
Assuming you have sufficient cooling these are good for upto 1.45v for 24/7 use (cooler the better).
You will need something a little more punishing to test your stability though, cinebench should be disregarded as a stress test and used only as a benchmark.

Associate

What above+
I assume you have 1700, so the voltage settings you have would be normally for 3.9, have you tested this speed? Use Realbench or prime for decent amount of hours. If you wanna push it to 4.0 your mobo might not be good enough to push so much voltage.

Associate
What above+
I assume you have 1700, so the voltage settings you have would be normally for 3.9, have you tested this speed? Use Realbench or prime for decent amount of hours. If you wanna push it to 4.0 your mobo might not be good enough to push so much voltage.

yes its fine and temps are good 50 - 60 with Noctua NH-U12S Ultra-Quiet Slim CPU Cooler.

Associate

EXPERIMENT

If it's failing cinebench, I'd go back to the drawing board. Cinebench feels like one of the lightest benches going. None of my unstable OC have even failed Cinebench.

Soldato
I agree, i don't even know where this cinebench for stability testing even come from. Intel burn test or occt even prime for a decent amount of time or don't even bother posting overclocks imo. Realbench is another one that i don't find taxes the CPU enough but it seems to be the number one tool lately.

Associate
Don't you only need to be supplying extra voltage to V Core DVD & not the SOC? An offset of +0.168 should = 1.35v (1.18v default Ryzen voltage + 0.168v) which iirc is good for 3.7GHz or 3.8GHz.

Associate
What did you use to verify stability? No offence but you were previously using cinebench.
Run realbench stress test for an hour or so at least. You don't want to be getting random crashes.
I run aida64 for 20 - 30mins, I do it mainly for temp values. I use to believe in 8hrs prime etc, until I read years ago from someone well advanced in computers and some engineers i had mixed with. You see some will swear 24hrs! Now what happens it if fails 22, 23, oh dear back to the drawing board! Then it passes 24 but not 25! See where i'm going? I prefer real life usage.

I have yet to have a computer let me down because ' I DID NOT STRESS AS OTHERS DO ' For me its like thrashing a car on silly revs for such a long time. Someone, tell me it does not degrade the chip in any form! :D

Been about since the Intel 80286- 286 days

Associate
Don't you only need to be supplying extra voltage to V Core DVD & not the SOC? An offset of +0.168 should = 1.35v (1.18v default Ryzen voltage + 0.168v) which iirc is good for 3.7GHz or 3.8GHz.
your right! Have just twigged on what they do. 1.18v is basic vt and you + or - on the DYNAMIC V CORE (DVD). The other, DYNAMIC V CORE SOC (DVID ) only uses +

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom