• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Associate
Yes those pure wings 2. They have like ridges all along the fan blades.

25h2wyh.png

Them i take it then ?

Associate
Did an hour occt linpack with avc at 3.975 just over 1.4v

Just to annoy gavinh87 :D

Tomorrow might try one last time for 4ghz...

I just tried my 1600 at 3.9ghz 1.4v on OCCT. About 10 mins in I crashed. I checked system log and had 2 of these

`A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 10`

Associate
I too tried for 4ghz but voltages were starting to ramp up as soon as I pass 3.9. I've now had stable 3.8, 3.9 and 3.95 with 2666 ram. But finally settled on 3.7 and dropped voltage to 1.17 and all is great. Temps are really low and i don't notice any real word difference from the drop in MHz.

Soldato
Thanks for that :)
It may have been my memory to be honest. Gskill has been sent back so I'll try again when my new set arrives. At least this is what I'm hoping for!

You're welcome :D

Temps maxed out at 61c at those settings.

Think I'll leave mine now.

Still waiting/hoping an update that will allow me to run memory higher - and if that comes am sure all my current settings will go out the window.

Oh, and the update to allow downclocking at idle....

Soldato
You're welcome :D

Temps maxed out at 61c at those settings.

Think I'll leave mine now.

Still waiting/hoping an update that will allow me to run memory higher - and if that comes am sure all my current settings will go out the window.

Oh, and the update to allow downclocking at idle....

At least you got hope yours can be fixed. Nothing can fix my runt :p

Soldato
Well the hours of stress testing and benching have come to an end thank God and I can now say that this thing is stable enough to launch nuclear missiles from :p
66wz93.png

t6ccav.png

Final overclock is 3.8 fully avx stable with no LLC. Idle voltage is 1.37 with drops to 1.33 under full load.
Any higher than 3.8 crashes in OCCT and IBT at maximum even up to 1.45v 3.9 was not stable enough.
Just waiting for a certain retailer to send me my new gskill 3600 after the last set was under performing and I'm set.

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
All controlled via asus suite so I can turn them completely off when no under load.

Turning them off will save a bit of electricity which is good, but with AI suite or something that does the same you can set the speed of fans to just below the point of audibility and you can gain the extra bit of cooling that will be nice for your system. I have all my fans working under desktop use and my PC is totally silent then.
I've also found AI Suite very handy for selectively raising the fans to know what fans are the main culprits for noise under load.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom