• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Soldato
It was stated in the AMD Twitch stream that 1.45V was the maximum voltage but only for short times as it will degrade the processor. The maximum safe voltage for 24/7 use was said to be 1.35V.

OcUK Staff
OP
@ Gibbo

4.0 on all cores is realistic for most users with 1700 and decent air/aio, 3000-3200 ram on a decent board then?

Yes in the Asus Crosshair!

B350 motherboards seem to be very weak for overclocking at present, so avoid those if OC.
Tried MSI 370 SLI board, CPU overclocked OK, but refused to run beyond 2400MHz RAM, clearly BIOS bug.

So in short Crosshair is the only board I can recommend.
We should get the Taichi tested tomorrow which should be a good one hopefully.

Soldato
looking at the taichi,
Yes in the Asus Crosshair!

B350 motherboards seem to be very weak for overclocking at present, so avoid those if OC.
Tried MSI 370 SLI board, CPU overclocked OK, but refused to run beyond 2400MHz RAM, clearly BIOS bug.

So in short Crosshair is the only board I can recommend.
We should get the Taichi tested tomorrow which should be a good one hopefully.
i hope so too, want this too be good at overclocking the 1700 :) stock of these in tommorrow?

Soldato
Quite unfortunate you need a £250 mobo to get a decent OC. I could probably stretch to one or the lower end X370's, like the Prime, but couldn't really justify the rest.

Looking forward to some motherboard reviews, especially with respect to OC performance.

OcUK Staff
OP
So no point at all getting anything other then 1700 if you're manually overclocking?

Could indeed be the case, will know more tomorrow after testing 1800X. :)

This is why you buy from OcUK because not one other reseller does this level of testing, but then more importantly shares those results with its customers.
We sell them all but if I truly believe the £330 CPU can do everything the £500 one does, then I will recommend the £330 one. :)

Of course 1700X and 1800X will hold the advantage with XFR working within a 95W thermal, so those will boost much higher out the box and a lot of our customers do want the fastest out the box solution which of course the 1800X offers.

Caporegime

This is why you buy from OcUK because not one other reseller does this level of testing, but then more importantly shares those results with its customers.
We sell them all but if I truly believe the £330 CPU can do everything the £500 one does, then I will recommend the £330 one. :)

KUDOS :cool:

Soldato

Of course 1700X and 1800X will hold the advantage with XFR working within a 95W thermal, so those will boost much higher out the box and a lot of our customers do want the fastest out the box solution which of course the 1800X offers.

Have to agree OCUK aren't the cheapest but I do have confidence in their service and forum advice. Some of the sales pitches are a little enthusiastic but I won't hold that against you ;)

Back
Top Bottom