Some T-Shirts are against the law!

Soldato
But the BLM one would get more attention, more outrage (left of course).

The only people who wouldn't get annoyed by seeing this are those who are racist?

Equally, two fingers to Boris could just be for the unanimous vote against regular health care worker testing. You know those people we all care about and clapped for...

I think you would need a very large T-Shirt adequately to list Johnson's failings - a marquee would seem essential.

Personally I don't hate Johnson, I just despise the utterly dishonest, arrogant, bumbling buffoon.

Maybe hire a bus, write it on the side? :D

Associate
In fairness if I was walking around in the middle of the day with a tshirt printed with the word **** on it I'd expect to maybe be pulled up on it.

I have a tshirt from a bar in Prague which has "Adios Mother ****ers" printed on it, naturally it's only really worn indoors as it'd be pretty rude to wear out in public in the middle of the day...

Soldato
He's a politican, when you choose that career you de-facto open yourself up to public scrutiny.

Some of that is going to be expressed by love and support, some of it is going to be hatred and scorn.

It shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone regardless of what your personal opinion of boris is that this sort of opinion is going to be voiced, all this person's done is save themselves the trouble of actually saying it.

Soldato
I think there's an appropriate time to wear a F-Boris T-shirt. And a protest is certainly that time. I certainly wouldn't expect someone with a banner saying F-Boris to be rounded up by the police.

In normal day to day life, I think it's probably not appropriate to wear very sweary T-shirts. I'm not sure that I feel strongly enough to support police intervention, though.

Soldato
I think there's an appropriate time to wear a F-Boris T-shirt. And a protest is certainly that time. I certainly wouldn't expect someone with a banner saying F-Boris to be rounded up by the police.

In normal day to day life, I think it's probably not appropriate to wear very sweary T-shirts. I'm not sure that I feel strongly enough to support police intervention, though.

Actually yes you should expect a police intervention whenever you used the F word printed out in public. Otherwise apart from politicians you would get the Pope, the Queen (not even the Sex Pistols went that far), Nelson Mandela, well he's dead. You get the drift, it is intended to incite violence by the wearer, on the wearer who would likely retaliate in kind.

Soldato
Actually yes you should expect a police intervention whenever you used the F word printed out in public. Otherwise apart from politicians you would get the Pope, the Queen (not even the Sex Pistols went that far), Nelson Mandela, well he's dead. You get the drift, it is intended to incite violence by the wearer, on the wearer who would likely retaliate in kind.
I think arresting people at protests for displaying the F word is inappropriate. I'm not arguing on whether it is the law or not, but that it simply shouldn't be so.

Man of Honour
I think arresting people at protests for displaying the F word is inappropriate. I'm not arguing on whether it is the law or not, but that it simply shouldn't be so.

I agree, it isn't practical or a good use of police resource. People should expect to be exposed to civil unrest at a protest, but is isn't acceptable for it to be on display just walking down the street.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
So law enforcement shouldn't actively inform the public about laws they're potentially in breach of, or ignorant to?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I would suggest that some of the less easily offended on here might like to seek out an Album titled "Incredible! Live Country Joe!" and have a listen to a track called "You know what I mean" . . . it is available on Spotify and even on YouTube ;)

Back
Top Bottom