Some T-Shirts are against the law!

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Got to love the way the women was moaning about this right wing government, not seeming to realize that regardless of which side was in power the police would still treat her the same.
You probably didn't spot this but the swear word was in fact the name of our despised Tory Prime Minister :p

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Yes, but the issue isn't the Boris part, it's the other word. I'm sure the result would have be the same if it said "**** Amazon"
I'm sure you are right there Marv.

However, much as I despise Amazon's abuse of the UK tax laws, Amazon aren't deliberately and relentlessly doing as much damage to the people of this country as the Prime Minister is.

I don't know what the attitude towards Amazon of the lady in the article are, she does seem though to have enough sense not to be all that keen on the No. 10 buffoon ;)

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
Yes, but the issue isn't the Boris part, it's the other word. I'm sure the result would have be the same if it said "**** Amazon"

More to the point it would be the same regardless of which political party was running the country at the time.

Soldato
I wouldn't expect to be allowed to walk around in public wearing or holding anything that had that kind of language prominently displayed.

Why? Because its an offensive word? Which unfortunately in this country is illegal.

It baffles me the amount of people that not only don't understand free speech but appear to be against it.

Caporegime
It's reaching a point where people will take holidays to 3rd world nations just to have a bit of freedom.

Didn't the Lib Dems go into EU parliament wearing similarly immature t-shirts?

Soldato
I knew a few people with a Cradle of Filth "Jesus is a ****" tshirt. Don't recall anyone getting in trouble for that. Apart from the band themselves when they wore them to visit the Vatican.

Several new stories of people being arrested in the UK for wearing one and even a shop in Glasgow being raided for selling it.

Here's a history of the shirt and the worldwide response afterwards - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...st-controversial-shirt-in-rock-history-61183/

EDIT - My friend had a Medulla Noctre T-Shirt which a crime scene photo of a shotgun suicide on the back with "All our friends are dead" and Stoke police had a chat as he was walking through town, but it was only a chat.

Man of Honour
Why? Because its an offensive word? Which unfortunately in this country is illegal.

It baffles me the amount of people that not only don't understand free speech but appear to be against it.

No, not strictly because the word is offensive. It isn't the use of the word that I think is an issue, but the fact that displaying that sort of language outside of what I would consider to be proper context is likely to cause alarm or distress to younger children and older people.

I am absolutely for free speech, as a mod on here I can tell you I go to some frankly painful lengths to ensure we continue to not pander to the perpetually offended. It would be extremely easy to simply give in to every report of offensive language but I appreciate and recognise that it's extremely important not to impede people's free speech, especially in the political climate we've found ourselves in over the last few years.

I wish we had a USA style constitution including a protection on speech in this country, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the law and what's broadly considered acceptable behaviour by the public. I realise there's a contradiction between what I wish we had and how my British sensibilities inform my view of what is reasonable and acceptable polite behaviour, but that's life.

I'm sure you are right there Mary.

Did you just deliberately misgender him?

Soldato
No, not strictly because the word is offensive. It isn't the use of the word that I think is an issue, but the fact that displaying that sort of language outside of what I would consider to be proper context is likely to cause alarm or distress to younger children and older people.

I just came back here to say how cancerous these types of comments are on the video.... and well, its you! xD

"You think it's ok to walk around London wearing that where children can see it? Is it really appropriate? No of course it isn't, but you can't see that, you just want to do what YOU want and to hell with everyone else."

"it's not a problem with "some people". it's a problem to show it around and children see it. children shouldn't see that."

Soldato
Not sure if anyone has ever been arrested for wearing the Cradle of Filth tshirt "Jesus is a ****" but they certainly have had run ins with the police about the shirt

Soldato
Not sure if anyone has ever been arrested for wearing the Cradle of Filth tshirt "Jesus is a ****" but they certainly have had run ins with the police about the shirt

Several new stories of people being arrested in the UK for wearing one and even a shop in Glasgow being raided for selling it.

Here's a history of the shirt and the worldwide response afterwards - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...st-controversial-shirt-in-rock-history-61183/

• Rob Kenyon was arrested in London for wearing the T-shirt. Found guilty of committing “Profane Representation under the 1839 Act” by the Bow Street Magistrates Court, Kenyon was fined 150 pounds.
  • Dale Wilson of Norwich, England, was arrested for wearing the shirt in public; he pleaded guilty to charges of “religiously aggravated offensive conduct,” and was fined 150 pounds.
  • Adam Shepherd of Dorset, England, was arrested for wearing the shirt and charged under the country’s then-new anti-hate laws, which ban people from displaying religiously insulting signs in public. Shepherd paid 40 pounds in court costs and did 80 hours of community service.
  • Cradle's rummer Nicholas Barker was arrested for wearing it at the docks of Dover, England, while the band was waiting for a ferry to take them across the English Channel to the Netherlands - subsequently released without charge.

Man of Honour
I just came back here to say how cancerous these types of comments are on the video.... and well, its you! xD

"You think it's ok to walk around London wearing that where children can see it? Is it really appropriate? No of course it isn't, but you can't see that, you just want to do what YOU want and to hell with everyone else."

"it's not a problem with "some people". it's a problem to show it around and children see it. children shouldn't see that."

OK. Do you have any actual counter arguement?

Back
Top Bottom