Son banned from Overwatch competitive play AGAIN

Soldato
Being 11 I'd suspect he's 11

:p I wouldnt be surprised if people want to just ban for having a squeaker voice, any game with voice comms has trolls in it. Reminds me of a system in ESEA for csgo or tf2, you could just crowd vote ban people, doesnt mean its fair

The positive take might be to use the down time to practise stuff ? is that possible vs bots I dont know

Soldato
What amazes me is we accept that these companies can ban without any reason and we can do squat to stop it.

What stops them from doing it and hoping for a second sale.

Only in gaming do they seemingly live above the rules.

I have never been banned for no reason? I have been hacked and banned, been banned for abusing the rules and banned for other little things, but never banned for nothing.

The problem is people cry when they break the rules and they always say that there is no reason behind it, when usually there is. If you don't like it, don't buy the games :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys I doubt the account is hacked it has 2 step verification on it.

I'm also sure that he did something as the company doesn't want to waste time banning for nothing.

Is there a warning system in place for the game if so then perhaps he's used all his chances and now each subsequent disconnect leads to a ban.

Overwatch is rated 12 he'll be 12 this year :)

Like I said it's not a huge deal but the CS isn't very good.

He'll be using the downtime to practice his Maths and English ;)

Permabanned
What amazes me is we accept that these companies can ban without any reason and we can do squat to stop it.

What stops them from doing it and hoping for a second sale.

Only in gaming do they seemingly live above the rules.

I bet they have covered their ass in the long t&c that people never read. If I was banned from any game i'd want reasons and evidence too. Isn't there some kind of commission or regulatory body in the UK who can step in for this kind of situation?

Associate
The reason he was banned is probably in your first post, bad Internet.

Been gaming online since '99 and never been banned. Can false bans happen? Probably. Since every single cheater cries foul when caught though it's an impossible situation.

Who seriously games on WiFi?

Soldato

Been gaming online since '99 and never been banned. Can false bans happen? Probably. Since every single cheater cries foul when caught though it's an impossible situation.

I do, have zero drop outs and get about 11ms ping. I do live in a cul-de-sac though so don't have many other networks to compete with, also have a good router and adaptor helps.

Soldato

Well I do (only on the PS4) as my powerplugs decided one day to interfere with my d/l speeds. Reminds me, I've had a new router from Virgin since, must try them out again.

Soldato
I've been banned perma and temps from WoW multiple times for various reasons.

They always send an email to the account email stating what the ban was for and how long. Granted i've never played overwatch but i'm just familiar with blizzards ban policies when it comes to WoW.
Do you have access to the email used on the account?

Associate
So you can now get banned from playing a game you bought, for just quitting the game? What's so special about this game that leaving is the end of world? I can understand 1v1 FIFA or something, but an online shooter?

I'm always leaving BF games halfway through. Maybe the phone rings, the kid needs sorting or something else happens in a normal persons life that requires attention. Is this game actually any good anyway?

Associate
So you can now get banned from playing a game you bought, for just quitting the game? What's so special about this game that leaving is the end of world? I can understand 1v1 FIFA or something, but an online shooter?

I'm always leaving BF games halfway through. Maybe the phone rings, the kid needs sorting or something else happens in a normal persons life that requires attention. Is this game actually any good anyway?

Because the competitive mode is serious business. The game is quite fun but people rage a lot.

Associate

There are multiple modes - the casual ones (quick play, brawls etc) don't have leaver penalties - people can drop in and out as you like, much like the BF games.

In competitive mode games, leavers aren't replaced, so if you drop out it basically means your team will lose, and wins/losses lead to ranking points that give a combination of prestige and point to spend on cosmetics that aren't available any other way (gold weapons).

Basically, it's a mode for people who get their fun taking it seriously and trying to win, so the ban system is to prevent griefing by people deliberately throwing matches etc. and only applies to that particular game mode.

Soldato
Because the competitive mode is serious business. The game is quite fun but people rage a lot.

This.

Blizzard provide modes to cater to every demographic. Competitive mode is for people who choose to take the game seriously and want to win.

I hate nothing more than idiots who join competitive modes and troll or suck deliberately.

Just play the other modes.

Soldato
EULAs aren't actually legally binding given that it's a set of terms that is presented AFTER the contract is formed during purchase. So, nah fam.

Aren't they just setting out a set of rules whereas if you break them they have the right to withdraw their service, by all means you can own the game, but without access to the servers they own not much use. A warning if you will.

Back
Top Bottom