Son banned from Overwatch competitive play AGAIN

Associate
Maybe he was one of the Mei glitchers on Snowball Offensive, if that is the case he deserves a ban!

Seriously though, he's only an honest boy because you haven't caught him in a lie yet. Every kid lies, even to their parents at some point, especially if they've done something wrong. ("That window was broken when we got here, can we have our ball back from inside your house though?") You said he wasn't abusive over mic, maybe he typed it? It's not unbelievable that it's either the disconnections/leaving, or an 11 year old got caught up in the salt and typed something nasty.

Except we've already ruled that out. Two or three times....

How exactly was it ruled out? We don't have enough information to go on, so we can't give a definitive answer one way or the other.

Last edited:
Soldato
The one time these forums needed a kappa face :D

Think Kappa would make a perfect addition to the avatars tbf. :D

255hzzb.png

Associate
Because he's only banned from Competitive.

We don't know anything about their banning process and now we assume we know what modes they'll be banned from and why?

It doesn't matter anyway, this is all just guesswork until Blizzard clarifies, which they are unable or unwilling to do.

Soldato
They can (and will) ban people from comp if you're not playing as a teammate i.e. if he picks Hanzo, refuses to switch despite his team asking him to and his team report him for not being a team player. It has happened before, I've seen it on the OW forums. This isn't necessarily the reason, however given he's only banned from comp it'll either be that he's leaving games or being reported. Are you sure he's not leaving games between rounds thinking the game is finished?

Can't type for toffee
Don
They can (and will) ban people from comp if you're not playing as a teammate i.e. if he picks Hanzo, refuses to switch despite his team asking him to and his team report him for not being a team player. It has happened before, I've seen it on the OW forums. This isn't necessarily the reason, however given he's only banned from comp it'll either be that he's leaving games or being reported. Are you sure he's not leaving games between rounds thinking the game is finished?

Well that's a bit daft, I don't see a reason for a ban there tbh

Soldato
Well that's a bit daft, I don't see a reason for a ban there tbh

Why not? The aim of competitive is to play to win. Hence the rules of no leaving, having to play placement matches to determine skill level, not being able to play with people massively out of your skill level etc etc.

If he is playing something that does not help the team I.E playing Bastion on assault map that requires a lot of mobility(I know there are cases where this works but you get my point) and doing a bad job of it or dying a lot but refusing to change and adapt then it is not playing as a team. The same can be said for front line Widows or Hanzo, diving tracers\Winstons etc

If you are repeatedly doing something that is not conducive to teamplay and working as a team but is clearly at a detriment to the game then I would expect him to get reported and banned.

Take it to quick game or arcade if you want to mess around or play a solo game.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Just because he wont play a character someone else wants him to play?
Maybe he felt that his skill level with the other class/character wast appropriate for the game they were playing?

Im sorry but if this is PROPER competitive then fair enough, but if this is just some random prebuilt lobby system like HOTS uses then nah I don't think it's fair to ban for that

OP did you ever find out what the ban was for?

Soldato
Why not? The aim of competitive is to play to win. Hence the rules of no leaving, having to play placement matches to determine skill level, not being able to play with people massively out of your skill level etc etc.

If he is playing something that does not help the team I.E playing Bastion on assault map that requires a lot of mobility(I know there are cases where this works but you get my point) and doing a bad job of it or dying a lot but refusing to change and adapt then it is not playing as a team. The same can be said for front line Widows or Hanzo, diving tracers\Winstons etc

If you are repeatedly doing something that is not conducive to teamplay and working as a team but is clearly at a detriment to the game then I would expect him to get reported and banned.

So there is no team vote kick????

Also If you can get suspended for not playing as a team membe, is that not also open to abuse by the Clique teams?

Saying that my daughter is playing overwatch and by her own admission She awful at it but has not had any issues whilst playing with others...

Permabanned

I see what you saying but I don't agree, its your game to play as you see fit, I bet when you buy game it does not say, Play as your team dictates or we will ban you.
Though its bit crappy not to help your team, never understand that mind-set, it should still be YOUR CHOICE what you choose to play.

Also If you can get suspended for not playing as a team membe, is that not also open to abuse by the Clique teams?

Saying that my daughter is playing overwatch and by her own admission She awful at it but has not had any issues whilst playing with others...
With idiots in today games bet this is abused over and over.

Soldato

I am not sure there is a vote kick to be honest.

I agree it is also open to abuse by clique teams but I would assume that it requires a certain number of votes in a certain time frame for this to occur. On the flip side I would also hope they would analyse how many times certain individuals report people and take that into account to attempt to mitigate certain types of abuse.

Is your daughter playing competitive? In season 1 I was quite lowly ranked and had no issues doing what I wanted. In this season I started as gold and people were happy for me to do whatever but hitting Plat\Diamond that changed a fair bit and the salt comes out a lot

I see what you saying but I don't agree, its your game to play as you see fit, I bet when you buy game it does not say, Play as your team dictates or we will ban you.
Though its bit crappy not to help your team, never understand that mind-set, it should still be YOUR CHOICE what you choose to play.

With idiots in today games bet this is abused over and over.

No they don't state that but they do state what it is for and require certain sets of criteria to be filled before you can even start playing it.

Soldato
Yep that seems a really stupid thing to do to ban people like that. I often play siege differently to others and it really helps our team for the most part however can go wrong and when it does, it does it spectacularly.

So I am sure there are times where I would have been banned because of this. However I choose to play like this because it is what I want to do. It is for my own enjoyment.

Fortunately kick to vote is in Siege so you get a feeling of if your upsetting your team or vice versa and can often deal with it. The only frustrating thing on there really is the team killers. You ask why and then they kill you too and then get kicked since it is a 2 team kill auto-kick although that should be an auto ban for 'X' time in my opinion if you have done it more than 3 times or something.

Soldato
I am not sure there is a vote kick to be honest.

I agree it is also open to abuse by clique teams but I would assume that it requires a certain number of votes in a certain time frame for this to occur. On the flip side I would also hope they would analyse how many times certain individuals report people and take that into account to attempt to mitigate certain types of abuse.

Is your daughter playing competitive? In season 1 I was quite lowly ranked and had no issues doing what I wanted. In this season I started as gold and people were happy for me to do whatever but hitting Plat\Diamond that changed a fair bit and the salt comes out a lot

No they don't state that but they do state what it is for and require certain sets of criteria to be filled before you can even start playing it.

But if the person is playing and ranked at 'X' level then surely they have been playing how they wanted to get there. In that case they are placed in matches where their game-play style was allowing for a certain result to get to a certain ranking.

If you then ask that person to change their game-play because you don't play that way then it would affect their ability as they don't know how to play that way as well as remove their enjoyment.

Clearly banning someone and then not saying why is not the solution here.

Soldato
They wouldn't ban without a reason.

He either

1. Abused Mei glitch in snowball offensive
2. Used aimbot
3. Lots of leaving

Theres not really anything else they would ban over.
You can say hes honest all you want but there will be a good reason for it.

Soldato
Just seen the Mei glitch as I don't play myself and honestly if that is a ban reason they are very harsh. They designed a game that has a bug where possibly someone who is 11 has used to survive maybe not realising it is not intended and seen another player do it.

Thus the solution is for Blizzard to fix their game in a timely fashion not ban the player. To solve it all they would have to do is make the lab window breakable so you could shoot them or have it so that they are outside the map then a counter starts and they will die if they do not return in time.

Back
Top Bottom