Son banned from Overwatch competitive play AGAIN

Soldato
Aren't they just setting out a set of rules whereas if you break them they have the right to withdraw their service, by all means you can own the game, but without access to the servers they own not much use. A warning if you will.

Any terms that are presented and used as a means to control your usage of something are invalid.

Overwatch is however an online only game, and when you go to buy it from battle.net, it says it's online only and subject to specific terms with a link that outlines them.

So those are terms that they can reasonably state that you agreed to prior to purchase.

Soldato
Aren't they just setting out a set of rules whereas if you break them they have the right to withdraw their service, by all means you can own the game, but without access to the servers they own not much use. A warning if you will.

They are a legal binding IF you are made to accept them IE can't proceed to play the game without ticking i have read and accept this.

Caporegime
Blizzard won't give reasons ever they are a pain in the **** with it. They should not be able to ban people without being able to provide them evidence as to why.. simple.

Fact. They're complete ass hats when it comes to it. I got a suspension from wow about a year after it came out and it had to be something to do with the name of one of my characters as I was forced to change it. However the name wasn't against any term of use.

Soldato
Screenshot of the ingame ban message? Emails etc?

There's more to this than your telling us me thinks.

Ive never been banned but I got a email when my blizzard account was locked due to it being hacked, no reason with no Infomation with a ban on a single game mode smells fishy to me sorry.

Edit: I think you can even get banned from a season for competitive games so often

Last edited:
Soldato
Fact. They're complete ass hats when it comes to it. I got a suspension from wow about a year after it came out and it had to be something to do with the name of one of my characters as I was forced to change it. However the name wasn't against any term of use.

lol what was the name ?

Soldato
Perhaps he's not telling you the whole story,

I remember reading online a boy was banned from xbox live, his dad angrily rung support as the boy protested his innocence. Turned out he was willy waving on the camera while playing Uno with some girls :p

Soldato
They should be able to give the reason for the ban, at least. They must have some way of seeing form their side. Keep on at them til they do, it's whoever shouts loudest gets heard these days, regrettably.

Soldato
Wow you should have seen some of the names i used to see back in Wow, i had a mate who got away with using the name ****face for several months before an admin appeared infront of his char and politely asked him what name he would like his char changing to :)

Soldato
Being 11 I'd suspect he's installed an aimbot or wall hack etc.

+1

Blizzard are handling Overwatch very well, banning the scumbag kids that buy hacks so that they can do well ingame.

Also worth remembering that Blizzard are an extremely experienced and reputable game studio - they have all the experience of detecting cheaters, botters etc from WoW, Diablo etc. They have it nailed down now, and you can trust they only ban if it's warranted.

Back
Top Bottom