Sony WF-1000XM3

Soldato
Mine arrived yesterday. First impressions are very good, well, the sound is excellent but I find them a bit awkward to get sitting right in my ear.

It's very early days but so far I'm very happy. It'd be nice if it were possible to control the volume from the earbuds but I can live without it.

Soldato
OP
Mine arrived yesterday. First impressions are very good, well, the sound is excellent but I find them a bit awkward to get sitting right in my ear.

It's very early days but so far I'm very happy. It'd be nice if it were possible to control the volume from the earbuds but I can live without it.
Where did you buy them? I was wanting to have a look at them in some high street shops and they are not available yet.

Soldato
Amazon. Originally they were meant to arrive on August 8th but a few days before they said they would be delayed until Tuesday. They then shipped on Saturday and arrived yesterday.

Soldato
It's a bit too early to say, most of the time I'll be using them to cancel out noise on planes but from using them around the house the noise cancellation seems very good. Definitely better than the Libratone Q Adept in ear headphones I'm replacing with these.

Soldato
One downside I forgot to mention is the size of the case - it's quite huge. Not a problem for me as it'll live in my rucksack but I think it's just a bit too bulky to be put in my jeans pockets.

Soldato
How's the battery life?

I have the WH XM3s but would be quite keen on the WFs for when I'm just going out and about and don't want to carry the big headphones with me.

Soldato
What's the sound quality like on these? I'm having a nightmare choosing which wireless buds to buy because reviews seem to vary so much for all of the popular ones.

My most listened genres are techno/tech house, rap/hip-hop and r'nb

I want very clear sound with good bass but not to the point of overpowering everything else which seems to be a common issue with buds that mention good bass!

Soldato
In my opinion the sound is superb. I've been mostly listening to metal & prog rock with them and I'm very happy with the sound quality. Bass is very good but I wouldn't say it's overpowering.

Soldato
OP
Great to hear others enjoying these. They have appeared in stock on the John Lewis website this evening. Fingers crossed they will also appear in stock in store tomorrow as well.

Soldato
What's the sound quality like on these? I'm having a nightmare choosing which wireless buds to buy because reviews seem to vary so much for all of the popular ones.

My most listened genres are techno/tech house, rap/hip-hop and r'nb

I want very clear sound with good bass but not to the point of overpowering everything else which seems to be a common issue with buds that mention good bass!
I bought Jabra Elites in the end after researching a lot and they are great. I’d recommend them :)

Soldato
OP
Wow just wow! The Sony’s are good. Just got back from the Apocalypse Now screening at Imax and I’ve finally had a chance to try them out. Incredible detail and no issues with distortion or bass. Very clear sound.

Caporegime
Sony have always made really good products. They did have a rough patch for a while whilst it seemed all they were focusing on was the playstation but it looks like they got their act together around 5 years back and have been focusing on making all their line up great again.

I have the XM3 headphones. Simply outstanding based on them I'd buy these if I wanted wireless in ears. Personally I'm going to use wired in ears £200 cheaper and likely do the exact same job and you just need to live with a wire.

Soldato
I'm thoroughly impressed with these, they're superb!

Yesterday I used them for about 5 hours in one go and they didn't feel at all uncomfortable and were definitely more comfortable than my Libratone's which are used custom molded sleeves.

Back
Top Bottom