Sony WF-1000XM3

Associate
Sony have always made really good products. They did have a rough patch for a while whilst it seemed all they were focusing on was the playstation but it looks like they got their act together around 5 years back and have been focusing on making all their line up great again.

I have the XM3 headphones. Simply outstanding based on them I'd buy these if I wanted wireless in ears. Personally I'm going to use wired in ears £200 cheaper and likely do the exact same job and you just need to live with a wire.
Which wired earphones cost £19 with similar sound quality and ANC?

Caporegime
Which wired earphones cost £19 with similar sound quality and ANC?

Sony MH755

You won't get active noise cancelling but with a tight fit you shouldn't really need it unless you are in an extremely noisy environment.

Oh these are now counterfeited wildly due to the hype and popularity. These were 8 dollar headphones and people were paying up to 200 dollars for them to get genuine ones they are that good.

Sont changed the model number recently so do your research they are worth a lot more than what they retail for.

Soldato
I've had mine since release day. These are bloody excellent. Exceeded all my expectations.

Just collected a set from John Lewis, Watford

About to go to the gym and see what they are like, I got the Bose QCII but they felt hot whilst working at my desk (good not great NC but Sony MX are king for NC) and are not good for gym sessions so I returned them and got these, mainly for office calls, and music, films whilst on flights etc

Soldato
Just collected a set from John Lewis, Watford

About to go to the gym and see what they are like, I got the Bose QCII but they felt hot whilst working at my desk (good not great NC but Sony MX are king for NC) and are not good for gym sessions so I returned them and got these, mainly for office calls, and music, films whilst on flights etc

I don't really use mine when doing much activity (so not gym or anything like that). But used them on the train yesterday and even when music turned down could barely hear anything. Bliss.

Not entirely certain how they will hold up in the ear when moving around so often. I found the foam tips included were hard to feel like it was lodged in my ear when moving around a little whereas the ones that came with them on (silicon I think) were pretty perfect to begin with and have gone back to them now.

Soldato
I must be cursed, I can't seem to add my XM3s via the Sony Connect app, IOS its connected via the 10x Max bluetooth but when I go through the setup the "Select An Accessory" page shows nothing?

I've deleted the app, told my phone to forget the bluetooth device, its appears there briefly, I select it and after a few seconds it goes and the whole process starts again :(

Not the best of starts!

some progress but not much, it’s sort of connect but I can’t get to the area where you change the audio setting etc, I’ve restarted not my personal handset and work iPhone

Do you guys that have these earphones think I’ve got a faulty set? :(

rNJYEfs.png
1bYbwqk.png 4O0o6Fb.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They all connect to the Bluetooth but refuse to connect to the Sony Connect app, which is pointless as I’m that’s the reason I got them :( will take them back to JL and see what they say
Mine work with the Sony app. Very strange yours are not working. I can’t think what would cause that issue. You are using the app called “headphones”?

Soldato
Need to buy some new IEM's but fancy getting a bluetooth set, are these worth £179? I usually use Shure IEM's with custom tips, but I assume these will be pretty good with the NC vs. the better fitting tips I currently use.

I hate the fact you can't audition IEM's anywhere, and have to commit to them deaf, so to speak.

Soldato
Its a good shout, I have tried removing and re-installing the app but nothing works, tried it on my sons iPhone 6s and it does exactly the same, is the way to get hold of an older app version?
Had the same problem on an iPhone 7 12.4. Works fine on an ipad pro 11 (2018) & galaxy s10 though. Never did find a solution for the iPhone 7.

Back
Top Bottom