Sound of Freedom

Soldato
So watched this the other night have seen a load of people talking about it on social media.

Went in expecting a low budget movie, came out pleasantly surprised and horrified at the same time. Everyone knows bad stuff happens in the world but not necessarily to what extent. Based on a true story. It's a tough subject to deal with and well I can see why Disney held it back as it was meant to release in 2018, but Epstein Island. Stars Jim Caviezel (Person of Interest, The Passion of the Christ)

Last edited:
Soldato
Screenrant did a good break-down of the changes that were made between the film and the true story and, a bit like Hacksaw Ridge, it turns out that the true story was just so unbelievable that the studio felt they needed to down-play some of the real events to make them seen more realistic on screen.

The studio was lucky enough to have had the help of the man the film is actually based on to guide them through that tricky "what do we show vs what was real" area along with some of the other people directly involved in the true story which gives the story an air of authenticity.

Screenrant -

Soldato
Been wanting to watch it, seems this movie has been suppressed all over the world, made 5 years ago and only just got released.

Where did you manage to watch it out of curiosity?

Soldato
Been wanting to watch it, seems this movie has been suppressed all over the world, made 5 years ago and only just got released.

Where did you manage to watch it out of curiosity?
It's got a limited cinema release after the company that made it it bought the distribution rights back off of disney ( I think it was the company that made it, regardless someone got the rights off Disney).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
21st Century Fox were the original distributors, when they got absorbed by Disney the movie was shelved for whatever reasons. It took another studio who crowd sourced the distribution to get the movie released, many people are trying to tie the movie to some QAnon conspiracy BS, which is absolute garbage, the movie was made in 2018, before covid, before QAnon even existed. It's even called a conservative right wing film. I mean if being against child trafficking is considered right wing, then shouldn't we all be right wing?

Last edited:
Caporegime
many people are trying to tie the movie to some QAnon conspiracy BS, which is absolute garbage, the movie was made in 2018, before covid, before QAnon even existed.
Correction - Qanon has been going since October 2017.

I don't really have any desire to watch the movie, but without seeing it and without knowing anything about it's production I can't really comment on anything else.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Correction - Qanon has been going since October 2017.

I don't really have any desire to watch the movie, but without seeing it and without knowing anything about it's production I can't really comment on anything else.

I stand corrected, in saying that though the script was written in 2015 and filming began in summer 2018 so a relatively small time period for conspiracy nuts to be digging their claws into a movie that had already been greenlit for production.

Associate
As part of seeing the promotion for this film I stumbled onto a video by the lead actor that was him explaining how kids were being tortured so as their body could release a certain hormone (an adrenaline type thing) and that could be harvested whilst the torture took place.....which sounds....at the very least....unlikely. Apparently its a Qanon thing. Links to the video in the below.

Soldato
This came to my attention from a Drinker recommends video the other day (about his only content I watch now, sick of the moaning, despite agreeing with a lot of it, it's just boring)

I like the look of it, as much as you can with this sort of thing, will be checking it out.

Soldato
I find it amazing that a film subject which you would imagine would unite everyone under the banner of "child traffickers are evil scum" (which I would imagine everyone could agree on) has somehow become a very heated Left vs Right issue over the beliefs of the cast/crew rather than the content of the film, with both sides giving overly positive/negative reviews based on tribalism for what realistically seems to a slightly better than average film at best.

I like Caviezel as an actor (loved POI) and I think his "sad eyes" style of acting would match the subject matter extremely well from the trailers I've seen but, as very few non-US folks will even be able to see this film with its fairly limited US-only release, I wonder how accurate UK peoples reviews of this can actually be, specifically thinking about Critical Drinker (whose movie views usually match my own TBF).

Soldato
I wonder how accurate UK peoples reviews of this can actually be, specifically thinking about Critical Drinker (whose movie views usually match my own TBF).
I doubt very much whether he goes to the cinema like us regular grunts :D , to be fair he was probably given a copy to review by the distributors. I have seen that there are already cam versions on the usuals.

side note, I watched Sisu based on his 'recommends' stuff.

Soldato
Interesting how Disney has distribution rights for this and have had it on the back shelf of a dingy dark basement for 5 years and they actually had to buy the rights back to get it released.

I had kinda had enough of Disney and Marvel now and all the agendas and woke plots they try to throw at you from ever single angle, but this just about does it for me.

Soldato
Interesting how Disney has distribution rights for this and have had it on the back shelf of a dingy dark basement for 5 years and they actually had to buy the rights back to get it released.
Don't read too much into it, there was a mountain of content under production/pre-release that got put on hold during the Fox/Disney merger - this is just gaining media traction due to conspiracy morons.

However no publicity is bad publicity and I guarantee more folks will be discovering this due to the debate it's caused of the usual left v right arguments *yawn*

Associate
Back
Top Bottom