Sound of Freedom

Shame Caviezel has lost the plot, besides this suprise hit, it must have stunted his career over the years.

The Thin Red Line is still one of my top ten favourite films regardless.
IIRC Caviezel lost the plot many many years ago.

If half the stories about the filming of Person of Interest are true it's amazing he gets any film/tv work, apparently he was nuts on it and they basically had to rearrange how they shot everything because they couldn't get rid of him, but at the same time he couldn't be trusted to drive, use blank firing weapons or be involved in any on screen fighting where they had to fake hits as he was massively unsafe and seemed to believe he was the person he was acting as (so actually landing hits on purpose, driving dangerously and not under direction). Basically they had to do a lot of cuts away from him and either sub him out for a double, or change scenes to reduce how often he was "seen" doing certain things.

Coverage by the Media i think he means

Hmmm.

I'm sure everyone paid different amounts in, but with a mean average of $748 per investor, they've only made $149 each.

I'd be pretty disappointed with that, when the movie has made 1200% more than it's budget.

In fact you would hope for more like $10 for every $1 invested.

Last edited:
This is still making at least $2m-$3m a week in the US, even now the hype around it has died off. It's now over $180m from a $15m budget which makes it the 3rd highest US domestic grossing "based on a true story" film ever, which is impressive - only beaten by Pearl Harbour and Bohemian Rhapsody.

On Caviezel’s controversial comments about QAnon, Monteverde said: “I hire people to work on my movie. What they do after is their choice. Do I agree with everything that people do after? Absolutely not.”

The film was shot in 2018 and was set to be distributed by 20th Century Fox – but when the studios were acquired by Disney in 2019, the film’s release was put on hold. This year, the films rights were acquired by the US-based, Christian-leaning distributor Angel Studios.

In a “special message” added in by Angel Studios and delivered by Caviezel that plays over the end credits, he calls the film the 21st-century version of the 1852 anti-slavery novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin and calls on audience members to take out their phones to scan a QR code on screen which links to a webpage where you can “pay for someone else’s ticket who might not otherwise see it”. One ticket costs £11. There is also an option to buy 100 tickets for £1,100.

The film has carried over its “pay it forward” model to the UK. As the film opens this week, tickets that have been “paid forward” by others can be claimed for free online. On the webpage, there is a prompt to buy tickets for other to “bring this film to the world to spread awareness about child trafficking”.

I remember when record companies bought their own records to push up it up in the top 10.

There were clips on social media a while back of people going to supposedly sold out screenings of it only to find out the cinema is near empty.

I’d be willing to bet decent money that it’s nowhere near as popular as the revenue suggests.

Last edited:
There were clips on social media a while back of people going to supposedly sold out screenings of it only to find out the cinema is near empty.

I’d be willing to bet decent money that it’s nowhere near as popular as the revenue suggests.

Have this small production company got the $$$ to do that?

Has anyone actually watched the movie? I would like to know can it be enjoyed as regular movie or is it something else pushing out some crazy political message?

Back
Top Bottom