Sound of Freedom

Soldato
There were clips on social media a while back of people going to supposedly sold out screenings of it only to find out the cinema is near empty.

I’d be willing to bet decent money that it’s nowhere near as popular as the revenue suggests.

Have this small production company got the $$$ to do that?

Its not the production company but the distributor asking willing rightwingers to give them a bonus basicaly. You could call it grfting.

The director of a surprise US box office hit that has been labelled Trump-friendly and “adjacent” to dangerous conspiracy theories has called the reception the film has received “heartbreaking”.

Donald Trump last month held a screening of Sound of Freedom, which tells the story of US federal agent Tim Ballard going on a rescue mission to Mexico to free victims of child trafficking.

Alejandro Monteverde, the film’s director, has denied that the film has ties to QAnon, which is a baseless internet theory whose followers believe a cabal of Satan-worshipping politicians and celebrities engage in paedophilia and human trafficking, while harvesting the blood of abused children. Work on the film began in 2015, before the QAnon conspiracy came to light.

Im looking forward to watching it as I quite like the main actor (on screen).

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone actually watched the movie? I would like to know can it be enjoyed as regular movie or is it something else pushing out some crazy political message?
it’s not out in the UK. It has no political message as far as I am aware, people are just moaning about someone involved in the film talking to Qanon. The plot is about a guy working to stop a child Sex trafficking. Seems to be a thriller film. That’s about as much as I know.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Its not the production company but the distributor asking willing rightwingers to give them a bonus basicaly
Considering that the decision for putting in the QR code would have be taken long before it was released. Are you saying that they did this because the production company believes that a film about stopping sex trafficking would only be of interest to right wingers?

You come up with some weird conspiracy’s.

Soldato
it’s not out in the UK. It has no political message as far as I am aware, people are just moaning about someone involved in the film talking to Qanon. The plot is about a guy working to stop a child Sex trafficking. Seems to be a thriller film. That’s about as much as I know.

It’s out tomorrow.

Soldato
Considering that the decision for putting in the QR code would have be taken long before it was released. Are you saying that they did this because the production company believes that a film about stopping sex trafficking would only be of interest to right wingers?

You come up with some weird conspiracy’s.

They held a screening at Trumps Mar a lago with many many odd rightwingers so your guess is as good as mine. No hold on it isnt.

The righwing element think this film is about the blood draining of sex trafficked kids by democrats. Wind your neck in.

Last edited:
Soldato
They held a screening at Trumps Mar a lago with many many odd rightwingers so your guess is as good as mine. No hold on it isnt.

So trump decided to have screening and because they accepted it is now a right wing film. Okay….

The righwing element think this film is about the blood draining of sex trafficked kids by democrats. Wind your neck in.
You think that they think this. Okay….

Is that an actual plot point of them film though?

Soldato
So trump decided to have screening and because they accepted it is now a right wing film. Okay….

You think that they think this. Okay….

Is that an actual plot point of them film though?

I did not say it was a rightwing film. I said rightwing nutters think it is has a hidden meaning.

You know all about it dont try to pretend you dont.

Soldato
I did not say it was a rightwing film. I said rightwing nutters think it is has a hidden meaning.

You know all about it dont try to pretend you dont.
You’ve literally being trying to frame it as one, to the point of calling them grifters, which would imply that they are trying to frame the film as a right wing film. Now you are back pedalling. Spineless.

As for your last statement, you’re making **** up and then trying to accuse me of knowing about it (Probably meant as a back handed insult). What’s most likely happened is that You read some nonsense on Reddit or twitter and are now parroting it without thinking. Ironic considering this is about conspiracy’s

Oh I did Google it and the only thing I found was a comment by the actor(?) talking about the conspiracy that’s it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone actually watched the movie? I would like to know can it be enjoyed as regular movie or is it something else pushing out some crazy political message?
There no political message unless child trafficking is political. What you have had is left-wing media portray it as some weird rightwingers ct paradise, as shown by our Tone falling for it hook line and sinker and spouting it verbatim

Soldato
You’ve literally being trying to frame it as one, to the point of calling them grifters, which would imply that they are trying to frame the film as a right wing film. Now you are back pedalling. Spineless.

As for your last statement, you’re making **** up and then trying to accuse me of knowing about it (Probably meant as a back handed insult). What’s most likely happened is that You read some nonsense on Reddit or twitter and are now parroting it without thinking. Ironic considering this is about conspiracy’s

Oh I did Google it and the only thing I found was a comment by the actor(?) talking about the conspiracy that’s it.

You should read all my posts in this thread and click on some of the links provided by me and others.

Ive already said I want to watch it. Im just making a point that rightwing nutters seem to be drawn to this film like moths to a flame.

Soldato
Is Aston Kutcher still fighting for this wonderful cause? Haven’t seen much of him lately.

Also isn’t Mel Gibson making a show about sex trafficking or has that been shut down before it even got going? We know how Hollywood like to keep these things suppressed!

Soldato
Not seen it, but it's just a normal movie

And not even that good a one tbh.

The subject matter and that its based on a true story drags it along enough to being worth a watch for sure, but the actual directing, acting (apart from the children, who outshone their adult companions), pacing and overall style were quite poor.

The content matter itself has enough gravitas to create the atmosphere, this film completely over did the presentation to try and make every scene, sound track and line of dialogue intensely dramatic, to the degree it just felt completely over hammed.

Caviezel was just so wooden and stiff he really didn't get over the emotional engagement required for this film. Character development in general was so rushed to the point of being discarded, which left the main scenes of the children's reuniting with their parent a flat experience rather than the emotionally charged scenes they should have been.

I was expecting a harrowing, emotional roller coaster of a movie on the level of say, 3 billboards, but I'd say the most impactful scenes were the real CCTV and video clips shown at the start and end credits.

Like I say, an important story and worth a watch, but unfortunately just not a well made film.

Soldato
And not even that good a one tbh.

The subject matter and that its based on a true story drags it along enough to being worth a watch for sure, but the actual directing, acting (apart from the children, who outshone their adult companions), pacing and overall style were quite poor.

The content matter itself has enough gravitas to create the atmosphere, this film completely over did the presentation to try and make every scene, sound track and line of dialogue intensely dramatic, to the degree it just felt completely over hammed.

Caviezel was just so wooden and stiff he really didn't get over the emotional engagement required for this film. Character development in general was so rushed to the point of being discarded, which left the main scenes of the children's reuniting with their parent a flat experience rather than the emotionally charged scenes they should have been.

I was expecting a harrowing, emotional roller coaster of a movie on the level of say, 3 billboards, but I'd say the most impactful scenes were the real CCTV and video clips shown at the start and end credits.

Like I say, an important story and worth a watch, but unfortunately just not a well made film.

Thats a shame.

Soldato
There no political message unless child trafficking is political. What you have had is left-wing media portray it as some weird rightwingers ct paradise, as shown by our Tone falling for it hook line and sinker and spouting it verbatim

I do love the way you only pick me out of the bunch that have said the same thing. ;)

Soldato
Ive already said I want to watch it. Im just making a point that rightwing nutters seem to be drawn to this film like moths to a flame.

Sooooooooooooo are you now outing yourself as a "rightwing nutter" then? /S :D

Caviezel was just so wooden and stiff he really didn't get over the emotional engagement required for this film.

I mean Caviezel's not really know for his big "emotional acting range" as an actor so personally I wasn't be expecting the film, based on who was the lead actor, knowing that actors "range" and then watching the trailers, to be much more than an a very "stoic" film, something Caviezel does extremely well as an actor, using just his eyes to portray his emotions rather anything more outward and obvious. However, in some places the film really could have done with some more visible emotion, such as when phoning his wife irrespective of how close that is to reality, although Miro Sorvino (playing his wife and a good actor too) also doesn't really emote in that scene much either TBF which makes me think its a directorial choice.

By which I mean that, as they had the actual IRL guy there on set who could give a direct first-hand account of who he is, what he did, maybe the actual IRL guy is actually a quiet, stoic person who doesn't show much emotion and therefore Caviezel did a great job playing him, or maybe he's actually the life and soul of every party who is very emotional and Cavizel did a really bad job portraying him - I don't know which of those two is true but I suspect the former is more closer to reality than the latter.

I also wonder if, based on the studio being a very traditional, Christian company (and I've never seen any other film they've made so this is just my own bias talking), the idea of maybe showing a "strong" man breaking down and/or crying etc as part of an emotional roller-coaster might have been perceived as showing a weakness in a strong traditional man, and therefore not something they wanted to show (if it ever actually happened or not). Again, thats all based on my own bias without ever seeing anything else the studio made.

Soldato
Watched it last night, fairly typical low budget movie that's enhanced by the subject matter. Certainly isn't going to win any awards, but it's 'good' that this type of movie is still able to made in the current climate even if it was helped by crowd funding.
I do love the way you only pick me out of the bunch that have said the same thing. ;)
You've posted the same article multiple times in addition to reposting other articles linked by folks previously- you love a bit left wing media frothing :cry:

Suspended
Turns out old mate was a sexual predator all along. Imagine my shock! :rolleyes:

Tim Ballard, the anti-sex-trafficking crusader and Senate hopeful, sexually harassed multiple women, an attorney alleged Thursday.

Driving the news: Attorney Suzette Rasmussen said she was speaking on behalf of "several" former employees and contractors of Operation Underground Railroad, the controversial nonprofit Ballard founded.

"We were subjected to sexual harassment, spiritual manipulation, grooming and sexual misconduct," Rasmussen said from the state Capitol steps, reading aloud a statement she attributed to the unidentified women.

Catch up quick: Media reports last week detailed allegations of Ballard's sexual misconduct during OUR's military-style child trafficking stings.

Women who joined the vigilante raids said Ballard, asked them to pose as his wife or girlfriend, and then sleep in his bed or shower with him as part of his ruse, Vice News and Utah-based freelance journalist Lynn Packer reported.

Ballard, who was the subject of this summer's surprise-hit movie "Sound of Freedom," abruptly left OUR around the time of the film's release. His departure followed an internal investigation into the harassment allegations, Vice reported.

(Source).

Back
Top Bottom