Spain vs Portugal in UHD HLG

Soldato
Got the same problem with my Samsung KS7000 - TV isn't on the supported list on the BBC website so I've bought a Roku Streaming stick+ and it's been perfect. One thing I know for sure is I won't be getting a Samsung ever again.

Don't want to buy a stick just for 4k bbc I-player Although I am considering apple TV 4k... Does that do 4k iplayer?

Last edited:
Associate
I watched bits of the Portugal game last night on my E6, had quite a few buffering moments but the picture quality was noticeably better than shown on BBC HD on Sky. Sam tells me I normally get ~60Mbps on my FTTC.

Soldato
I thought it was pretty good overall. Seemed a little dark/muddy perhaps, but not sure if that’s down to the weather maybe. (Watched all BBC games so far)
Few moments of buffering with a 350mb VM connection too.

SKY games have always been sharp and bright.

My TV (LG 65B6V OLED) has been professionally calibrated so it’s not the settings or anything.

Soldato
Seemed a little dark/muddy perhaps, but not sure if that’s down to the weather maybe
I thought that too, but I don't have an hlg tv - so need to check if that's what happens if you watch in sdr.

Panning shots seemed much smoother than I have seen before.

Switched onto the France game but didn't notice a 4k link or anything
but you have seen the link in the past ? is it running iplayer beta.?

Permabanned
I thought that too, but I don't have an hlg tv - so need to check if that's what happens if you watch in sdr.

Panning shots seemed much smoother than I have seen before.

but you have seen the link in the past ? is it running iplayer beta.?

Not sure, I have a choice of either the iplayer on fire tv(latest uk one) or built in to tv. Will have a look.

Associate
Don't want to buy a stick just for 4k bbc I-player Although I am considering apple TV 4k... Does that do 4k iplayer?

I'm not aware of the Apple TV 4K doing the BBC iPlayer in 4K, it depends if the Apple TV supports HLG in any case I don't see it on the list of compatible devices.

Soldato
... roku wasn't on list (but was for pe2)

screen should be
42837926821_652fed6de3_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom