Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2018, Barcelona - Race 5/21

Rate the 2018 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Arrivabene on the new tyres: "It's not in Ferrari's DNA to complain. We haven't done so. Having said that, Toto can say what he wants, but a clarification: there is a difference between being consulted and being informed. We have been informed, not consulted"

Sorry? Not in Ferrari's DNA to complain?
Is he talking about a different Ferrari to the one the rest of the world knows?

Ferrari's normal repertoire is blame, complain, threaten to leave...

Soldato
I always find the Spanish GP a bit boring and this was no different but I'm very happy with the end result. Nice extension at the top of the table, I'll take that!

Is it Monaco next? This is probably my least favourite race but one of my favourite qualifying sessions

Soldato
Ferrari are really angry over the tyre change and I can fully understand them. They worked so hard to make a car that suits these tyres, gain an advantage and Pirelli just changes them in the middle of the season to help a rival team.

If after this race, Pirelli still let these modified tyres be used in the France GP and Silverstone, we can clearly see who they want to win there #SpanishGP

Vettel vs Hamilton in Baku: ahead 0.5s per lap, easily controlling the race

Vettel vs Hamilton in Spain (MODIFIED PIRELLI TYRES) : Vettel is 0.7s per lap

from twitter, so true what a joke Pirelli Mercedes are

Caporegime
It's funny because Ferrari couldn't run the new supersofts that were designed to overheat less for a full lap in qualifying without them losing grip due to being too hot. They also had to pit twice because their tire wear was too high, because they were overheating. Yet people think tires that overheated MORE would somehow have been better for Ferrari. It's embarrassing seeing so many people get this so fundamentally wrong.

Man of Honour
Well this one is yet another 2/10 for me, this is shaping up to be a really boring year again. Yes there is more than one driver in with a chance but I am talking about lack of action on the tracks (overtaking not idiotic crashes). Not even going to bother watching Monaco as that's always a boring race procession. I have been watching F1 since the early 80's but am really losing interest in it now.

Caporegime
Well this one is yet another 2/10 for me, this is shaping up to be a really boring year again. Yes there is more than one driver in with a chance but I am talking about lack of action on the tracks (overtaking not idiotic crashes). Not even going to bother watching Monaco as that's always a boring race procession. I have been watching F1 since the early 80's but am really losing interest in it now.

Shaping up to be a boring year? Meh, not really, Australia sucks almost every year, probably 75-80% of races their suck, I'd say 85% of races at Barcelona suck, 95% of races at Monaco, 70% of races in Singapore.

That doesn't change regardless of regulations which is why I find the massive push to fix the regulations but no push to fix the schedule so funny. We've already had two good races at the two good tracks and terrible races at the tracks that were terrible under the 2008 regulations, terrible under 2009 regulations, terrible under the 2014 regulations and still terrible under the 2017 regulations... so is it the regulations or the tracks?

The only reason to watch Monaco is frankly to find out how Grosjean is going to crash out and who he might hurt doing it... and how slow the Williams are, I'll watch qualifying for sure but the race I'm not going to care about watching live. I'll probably just look up all the clips on reddit after the race see the major incidents (if any) and that will sum it up pretty much.

But the boring tracks being boring is not a way to judge how good other tracks will be. People said Australia was awful, blamed the regulations and cars then 99% of people did a u-turn after the next two races which people said were fantastic.

Seeing Barcelona sticking around while Malaysia finished is horrendous, there is basically no racing possible in Barcelona while Malaysia let people attack a lot. Mexico is a joke of a track and such a come down after Cota which is the best of the newer tracks by a mile. It's a fantastic track with overtaking spots all over the place. T1, into the fast complex of corners which while not much passing look great, then overtaking chances into the next straight and at the end of the straight, passes have happened throughout the next series of corners then passing up the hill. It's a fantastically designed track where passing happens almost anywhere and the only place it can't is a great flowing corners that are good to watch anyway.

Baku.... horrible. Baku was interesting in outcome and events, but the actual racing is awful, everything but the main straight is primarily a try and pass = cause a crash. The design of the track, the corners, it's a horrible track. Just tight walls and stupid drivers at least makes it somewhat interesting to watch but for all the wrong reasons.

I can't remember what the French track is really like, hope to god it's not another dud. Liberty should work on bringing back the interesting tracks and stop getting hung up on history and push out Barcelona, Australia, Monaco I want gone but probably never will. It's just the rich peoples weekend. SPonsors, celebs, sports stars have that weekend as their party weekend.

Back
Top Bottom