Spec me a bike. Help!

Man of Honour
[TFU] Thegoon84;30467267 said:
Ah sorry, yes I did look at those. Hmmmm not sure. I like them fat haha!

EDIT... Not too bad, just HATE the front wind guard. I assume I can whip those off?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...tion=at_bikes&radius=1500&make=TRIUMPH&page=1

That's not an official fly screen anyway.

Yes you can remove the cowls completely, and they are not a standard accessory on the regular versions.

That's a Speed Triple you have in that link rather than a Street Triple. Both great bikes although they will cater to different tastes.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
[TFU] Thegoon84;30467440 said:
Can you explain haha, sorry super nub. Do you mean any addition's are simply extra's owners have put on is it?

Correct at least in the case of the 2 examples you've posted, nether of those bikes came with the little fly screens from the factory.

Caporegime
I'm not sure a speed triple is very noob friendly and insurance will fleece the hell out of you. Personally I'd be looking square at SV650s. There's a reason the roads are covered in them.

Soldato
You could also look at Kawasaki ER-6. Quite similar to the SV650 in concept, both are entry level "big bikes" with two cylinder engines though the Kawasaki is a parallel twin and the Suzuki is a V-twin so the Suzuki sounds much nicer (with an aftermarket exhaust at least). Also both available with fairings or as naked style bikes.

Soldato
What do you like - sports, naked, touring, other?

What are you planning to do with it - bit of fun on nice days, longer tours or day trips, commute?

Also, not sure if anyone in your other thread said, but if you're looking to save petrol, you probably need something a bit more 'sensible'. My Hornet will do around 40-50 mpg and my Speed Triple similar (can push to 60mpg down the motorway), so no better than a normal car. A smaller bike will do insane mpg (100++ on the CBF125 for example).

Please don't get the SV650s, it's nasty as :p Never ridden one, but they have a freaky skinny faired weird bit at the front.

If you looking at something like the GSR600, get a Street Triple or Hornet.

Back
Top Bottom