Spec me a corner sofa

Soldato
We're looking at getting a corner sofa. It'll go nicely with our TV mounted above the fireplace (it is too high really but there's nowhere else to put it). I have a TV wall mounted on the patio and in the bedrooms. Does that make me some sort of super chav? I'll be parking in the street next! :eek:

Permabanned
Corner sofas = chavism? But a key tenet of chavism is being anti-social, so consider this:

Regular sofa = sofa dwellers can't see each other as well, therefore it's more anti-social.
Corner sofa = sofa dwellers can see each other more easily and are thus encouraged to be more social.

Checkmate, snobs!

Last edited:
Soldato
Some people were asking if this was just an Overclockers thing, but I remembered a meme I saw going around Facebook recently so unfortunately (for those who care) it's a mainstream opinion:

xmD8qTt.jpg

Man of Honour
I've got a recliner sofa, and it's red. It's possibly the most grotesque sofa (to some, I love it) going. But it also the most comfortable sofa I have ever had the pleasure of sitting/reclining on. I can't get through films these days as I'll just fall asleep I'm so comfy.

Who'd have known that by buying a recliner I'd have become such a social degenerate. Surely I haven't gone below Labour voters yet, in terms of social standing?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've got a recliner sofa, and it's red. It's possibly the most grotesque sofa (to some, I love it) going. But it also the most comfortable sofa I have ever had the pleasure of sitting/reclining on. I can't get through films these days as I'll just fall asleep I'm so comfy.

Who'd have known that by buying a recliner I'd have become such a social degenerate. Surely I haven't gone below Labour voters yet, in terms of social standing?

You may as well go all in now.

https://www.la-z-boy.co.uk/corner-units/zara-corner-group/

This corner group is part of the extensive Zara range, available in power recline with a handy USB port, or as a static model.

If it’s flexibility you want, as well as ultimate comfort and chic, look no further than Zara from La-Z-Boy UK. Choose from a range of options to suit your living space and let Zara transform the way you relax.

9rUuK8j.jpg

Caporegime
Indeed, though I guess red is a bit unusual/bit different.

Definitely some bonus chav points still for the leather + the recliner functionality.

Caporegime
Some people were asking if this was just an Overclockers thing, but I remembered a meme I saw going around Facebook recently so unfortunately (for those who care) it's a mainstream opinion:

xmD8qTt.jpg

Yup, OCUK certainly isn't going to be the only place that has noticed the old corner sofa + inspirational quote

The lack of taste isn't confined to chavs, plenty of those corner sofas and inspirational quotes in new build Barratt homes, virtually identical to the neighbouring ones.

Basic model German car in the drive paid for with PPI, some "art" for the walls all bought at once/thrown in the trolley while shopping for furniture in Ikea - maybe some pictures of stones, perhaps a beach the occupants of the house have never visited, or some sunset from wherever etc..etc..

Oh and a pandora bracelet for the wife/girlfriend!

Soldato
Yup, OCUK certainly isn't going to be the only place that has noticed the old corner sofa + inspirational quote

The lack of taste isn't confined to chavs, plenty of those corner sofas and inspirational quotes in new build Barratt homes, virtually identical to the neighbouring ones.

I don't believe that about Barratt Homes at all.......

No way the walls could handle the vinyl without falling down.
:p

Back
Top Bottom