Spec me a corner sofa

Man of Honour
I like that I am now actually one of the chavscum society because I have some TV's on walls in bedrooms.

To my bro's. Word.

Associate
First I have ever heard of in this thread. I have a corner sofa. My front room is 8m by 5m so not small but has an alcove and the corner sofa just fits perfectly. I also have arm chairs as well but that is the dog territory mainly. My TV is also mounted above my fireplace but at an angle (You can do this!) and my head is at no different angle to what it would be if it was on the floor.

I have wall mounted TV's in the living room, kitchen, master bedroom, daughters bedroom, spare bedroom and corner Sofas in the living room with a corner Sofa/Bed in the spare room. Unfortunately i own my house and do not have a leased BMW so not quite top chav trumps.

you're like some kind of uber-chav.

TVs in every room, one above the fire place and a corner sofa?.... jeez.

Associate
Looks nice, but im confused as there is no surround sound:p. FWIW we are going for a corner sofa as our next one in a few years time as it will make the room look better. Only half our walls are white, the bottom half (seperated by a dado rail) is red. Also TV's in bedroom reduce sex life, true fact.

Surround sound? with that many hard surfaces, the sound will be going around the room just fine! :p

Soldato
It's amazing how defensive corner sofa owners are. It's like they know what's up, but don't want to admit it, even to themselves :D

We were in the market for a corner sofa for over a year, but every time we went shopping for one I got so upset by the prospect that we never bought anything. True story. In the end we used the space for a normal sofa plus an armchair. It's so much better - I'm delighted!

Associate
It's amazing how defensive corner sofa owners are. It's like they know what's up, but don't want to admit it, even to themselves :D

We were in the market for a corner sofa for over a year, but every time we went shopping for one I got so upset by the prospect that we never bought anything. True story. In the end we used the space for a normal sofa plus an armchair. It's so much better - I'm delighted!

Normal 3 seater and Eames lounge chair owner here. /classy.

:p

Soldato
Just my own experience and what I've heard other people say too (including in this thread). I think it basically stems from the fact a corner sofa looks like something you'd find in a caravan. Not really much to debate, it wouldn't stop me buying one if I liked them.

strangely, i remember the original thread and speaking to people irl (work, down the local etc) and for the most part they hadn't a clue what i was waffling on about when i asked if they thought corner sofas were chavvy.

i'm not looking a debate as such i'm just curious where you have gotten your opinion from that corner sofas are almost universally seen as chavvy (btw i'm not saying they are or aren't) - you say it is almost fact that in general most people see corner sofas as chavvy yet you then say that's only from your own personal experience?

Associate
strangely, i remember the original thread and speaking to people irl (work, down the local etc) and for the most part they hadn't a clue what i was waffling on about when i asked if they thought corner sofas were chavvy.

i'm not looking a debate as such i'm just curious where you have gotten your opinion from that corner sofas are almost universally seen as chavvy (btw i'm not saying they are or aren't) - you say it is almost fact that in general most people see corner sofas as chavvy yet you then say that's only from your own personal experience?
This is exactly what make the joke keep on giving!

Man of Honour
About 3 years ago I was helping somebody move house with a Luton van and we took the corner sofa up to Douglas McMillan Charity shop in Meir Stoke which other Stokie's will confirm is a chav area. We carried it in and it was immediately surrounded by at least 5 people asking the price.
Level 10 Chav reached.

Back
Top Bottom