Spec me a kick ass system that is also ^ green ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I wish I was as awesome as Arek. He is a legend.. only a man of his honour and skill could perform should tasks. To build the Eco Pc of the gods.

I bow down before you..!

YOU ARE SO GOOD

Soldato
200rpm difference in the speed of a fan is really going to help save the planet :rolleyes:

Why not remove the overclock from your graphics card and CPU and save a huge amount more power?

Permabanned
Latest development kind folks is that one of 200mm fans has broke and will get an replacement. However, big question is should I get a nice
BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm White LED - Black (900rpm)
or more eco
BitFenix Spectre 200mm Fan - Black (700rpm)

This is what am deciding on this week.

:eek:

Well why cant you get 4 pin so you can control speed... get 3000rpm fan and run at 100rpm??

So when you feel a little bit naughty you can put it up to 3000rpm and enjoy how bad-ass you are.

You can use this to pull a girl, just mention at the night club that you increased fan speed to 3000rpm and they will think you are more bad-ass than statham.

Last edited:
Soldato

Well why cant you get 4 pin so you can control speed... get 3000rpm fan and run at 100rpm??

So when you feel a little bit naughty you can put it up to 3000rpm and enjoy how bad-ass you are.

You can use this to pull a girl, just mention at the night club that you increased fan speed to 3000rpm and they will think you are more bad-ass than statham.

Someone get this guy a beer :) If i had milk just then it would have been shooting out my nose

Caporegime
I think you're all being rather harsh.

BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm White LED - Black (900rpm) ~0.33A

BitFenix Spectre 200mm Fan - Black (700rpm) ) ~0.28A

0.05A difference x 12V x 24 hours x 365 days = 5,256W.

That's around 75p less electricity cost over a year if run 24/7.

Associate
OP
I think you're all being rather harsh.

BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm White LED - Black (900rpm) ~0.33A

BitFenix Spectre 200mm Fan - Black (700rpm) ) ~0.28A

0.05A difference x 12V x 24 hours x 365 days = 5,256W.

That's around 75p less electricity cost over a year if run 24/7.

Thanks for that Surveyor but also it will be a bit quieter, what am looking for. At moment things are ok until playing gfx demanding game. Then the 7850 sounds like jet taking off.

Anyone know if Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm will fit on side of haf x case?

Last edited:
Associate
No offence, but why go green when you can get a better experience out of something way better, I'm starting to think you're a troll, this has been going on for 13 pages..

Associate
When I first saw this I thought he meant to colour green and I was like well Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 board blah blah blah, then I see ECO POWER and I immediately think, hippeh! So that's where trolls come from! Haha, jk this will be an interesting build to see finished though, might not look good, but it might perform alright..

Associate
OP
For all people that say WD green drive only saves few Wats per year over other drives. Well this all adds up and reading from WD website:

" With over 100 million WD Green drives sold* customers using WD Green drives have saved the planet over 466 million kwh of power – nearly equaling the annual power production of a single coal power plant!"

http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=830

It makes a difference! I am part of it and proud.

Associate
For all people that say WD green drive only saves few Wats per year over other drives. Well this all adds up and reading from WD website:

" With over 100 million WD Green drives sold* customers using WD Green drives have saved the planet over 466 million kwh of power – nearly equaling the annual power production of a single coal power plant!"

http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=830

It makes a difference! I am part of it and proud.

That's the whole world's contribution. You make up a minuscule percentage of that saving. You're not that great, other than for the purpose of forum based entertainment!

Associate
OP

Thats a good idea. Do you have a link to a 4 pin fan that do as you said?

Somehow finding a hot girl who could be pulled by my fan speed is slim. However when they find out that I can keep up my system for hours, hard working ... which I can.

Ladies this is what I can do, keep it up for hours (more than 2). I am that powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom