Spec me an LED Torch

Looks like you have a nice light there. I'm afraid I have no experience at all with CR123 or RCR123A cells, so I can't offer you any advice.

I was after some advice about any rechargeable lithium batteries. All the info I have found so far (CPF and battery university) are 10,000 word essays. I want some practical stuff so I don't blow stuff up.

These arrived for me about a week ago as an upgrade to my Fenix L2D and I am very impressed so for :D

6834958549_e7ddf05783_z.jpg

6834958767_77def75deb_z.jpg

6834958441_89ac11d284_z.jpg

Just ordered this:

o75boo.jpg

EagleTac D25C Mini Titanium Limited Edition XM-L LED

Will post some pics up on Friday when it arrives, will be my first Titanium so looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I remembered reading somewhere that laptop batteries use 18650's so I took a Dell battery apart last night and recovered 6 x 18650's but they are slightly shorter than the normal one's i've been using. They are 18650e type (CGR18650E).

Do you think they should be ok to use? I've tested a couple in my Olight m31 and they work but because they are slightly shorter, when I tilt the torch it cuts out!

Either the MyTorch 3AAA or the MyTorch 18650 if you wanted a rechargable... Owning both I would be more than happy to give either one a glowing recommendation! Super bright and not only is there a strobe but you can even set the frequency of the strobe!!
I run a team of security and strobe is essential to us, we set our strobes to 7 MhZ.

Link http://www.bbb-leisureproducts.co.uk/torch-distributors/producttype/mytorch/

Hope that helps guys

I remembered reading somewhere that laptop batteries use 18650's so I took a Dell battery apart last night and recovered 6 x 18650's but they are slightly shorter than the normal one's i've been using. They are 18650e type (CGR18650E).

Do you think they should be ok to use? I've tested a couple in my Olight m31 and they work but because they are slightly shorter, when I tilt the torch it cuts out!

the CGR18650E's are Panasonic cells, 2550mAh type cells.

they may well be slightly shorter than normal (there's a lot of variation in cell sizes from model and brand). if it's a problem you could shim them with something conductive? :)

Hmm my batteries and torches have been in my glovebox since the New Year so have been through minus temps for weeks now. Glad to report that they haven't lost any power though and all lights working nicely.

I don't know why I keep all 3 in the car though, I just think it's safer in case one fails, then the other.... :p

Hmm my batteries and torches have been in my glovebox since the New Year so have been through minus temps for weeks now. Glad to report that they haven't lost any power though and all lights working nicely.

I don't know why I keep all 3 in the car though, I just think it's safer in case one fails, then the other.... :p

definitely a good idea to keep at least a torch and two batteries in the car at all times :)

What would you do without one if you were driving on an unlit road and had a tyre blow out or a mechanical failure?

My car comes with a rechargeable non LED torch that slots into the glovebox itself but as you can imagine, it's very poor compared to a decent LED torch but it would work as a light source in that situation I guess :p

I have been using my torches outside at work, in a place called Weir, which still has snow on the ground its so cold. Every now and again I set both my Solarforce XML torches to high and put them inside my gloves in my pocket. 5 mins later I had toasty gloves :D.

Hah yes!

I have been using my torches outside at work, in a place called Weir, which still has snow on the ground its so cold. Every now and again I set both my Solarforce XML torches to high and put them inside my gloves in my pocket. 5 mins later I had toasty gloves :D.

The BC40 is a perfect hand warmer too! It's hot enough to 'lightly' toast bread :D

I finally caved in and bought a SC600w earlier this month, it arrived today!

I wasn't sure if I would get one with a decent tint, it seems like there is a bit of a tint lottery going on with XM-L emitters right now at Zebralight. But I'm happy to report a very clean and creamy goodness of tint!

First impressions: It's fantastic!

SC600w.jpg

SC600w-HIGH.jpg

Neutral goodness!

Last edited:
I finally caved in and bought a SC600w earlier this month, it arrived today!

I wasn't sure if I would get one with a decent tint, it seems like there is a bit of a tint lottery going on with XM-L emitters right now at Zebralight. But I'm happy to report a very clean and creamy goodness of tint!

First impressions: It's fantastic!

SC600w.jpg

Cuuuuuute! :D

Back
Top Bottom