Spec me an LED Torch

:p ;).

It's a SYSMAX Intellicharge i4 - can be picked up for around £15 on the bay. It's quite a slow charge at 375mA with 4x18650 cells. But it's quite well regarded as being safe and gets cells to 4.2v. Also it charges NiMH.

I just like the look of the charging lights :p

They are quite pretty :D

Here are rushed beamshots that I took of all three.

Fenix LD41
FenixLD41.jpg

(8sec-f/10-ISO100)

Jetbeam PA40
JetbeamPA40.jpg

(8sec-f/10-ISO100)

Quick comparison with these two above lights. They are basically pitted against each other. Both are 4xAA powered and have very similar spaced modes. If I was to own only one, I'd choose the Fenix LD41 hands down. While the low battery indicator of the Jetbeam PA40 is useful; the Fenix LD41 UI is great, with it's dedicated mode switching button, slightly higher output and (not very noticeable in those beamshots) a MUCH nicer tint. The Jetbeam is quite purple!

Now the beast. This thing is ridiculous, this beamshot doesn't do it justice. For sheer lumen output it's insane, in fact it's too much for everyday use. Tailstand it in a room and it will white-out the room.

Skyray King (8sec-f/10-ISO100)
SkyrayKing.jpg

A hand burner within a minute. Cooking eggs is easy.

It's a flooder but with this kind of crazy lumen output, it throws that wall of light far!

I had a walk about in the fog earlier in the night and indeed, the C8 created a beam of light with only a faint flood circle visible from a distance while the BC40 threw out a wall of light, so much light! A dog in one of the gardens of the alleyway started making queezy noises at this point as well!

I'm hoping the Shadow v10 offers a mix of the C8 and BC40 though :D

those Shadow TC6's are really nice! I had one which we bought in for testing to see if we wanted to sell 'em. We never ended up selling them but I really enjoyed mine until it died during destructive testing.

It took a lot of abuse to kill it though!

None that I know of - mine worked just fine with AW 2900mAh 18650s until we killed it by using it as a lump-hammer.

I thought you were going to say we left it on too long maybe :o Do these torches have to be like AK47 and can take a truck driven over them.
Extreme destructive to me would be dropping it onto a rock or in a river

A hand burner within a minute. Cooking eggs is easy.

They should call that one daymaker, you could kill vampires with that :p
The heat thing sounds bad enough to exclude it from selection though unless its possible to get a fitted grip of some sort.
all these torches are surely ideal in a car breakdown situation at best , ie. you are not wanting any more hassles at that point

Could you say the rough prices ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom