Spec me an LED Torch

Here is my current range :)

Maglite 6,5 and 3 cell (Various LED conversions and glass types)
Unbranded Cree LED (18650)
LED Lenser Police Tech Focus (3xAAA)
AA Maglite (Led upgraded - 2xAA)
RMSEN Cree LED (1xAA)
Lenser P3 (1xAAA)
Lenser Headtorch (3xAAA)

range.jpg

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

Just ordered the LED Lenser P7 and P3 twin pack for £34 from ebay. Seems like good value as I want one torch for the car and a smaller one for checking on some of the more secretive fish in my aquarium.

Will do. Its a bit rubbish the 'ultra low' is 65 lumens for 22 hours.

Would be nice if it had modes like my Quark AA 2 turbo

Moonlight: 0.6 lumens for 30 days (1ma)
Low: 4 lumens for 5 days (10ma)

It could probably manage 'moonlight' for 90 days or something crazy if it did support it

You, Sir, are afraid of the dark :p

No Sir, the dark is afraid of me!! :p

Living in the sticks with no street lighting, attached barns and an outside parking area makes torches needed!

The big mag sits above the door for big outdoor light needs, the small ones are dotted about for power cut usage. Second biggest d cell mag goes in my car, the smallest d cell goes in the lady's motor.

The headtorch is for running, as it takes me a couple if miles to get to street-lighting, but generally I stick to unlit roads and use high vis. A small gets bike mounted for riding too.

They dont see all that much use in Summer, but in dark winters its required :)

Strobe is handy to flick to when using it as a bike light in traffic, particularly when cycling near people who don't use their mirrors and make sudden unexpected left turns without looking or indicating. Strobe makes them at least look.

Anyone used one of those LED PIR floodlights for the back of the house? 20W LED with 2400 lumens, 6500K soft white and 50 degree beam, but I've got no idea how that compares with a 500W halogen in either colour or intensity.

Strobe is handy to flick to when using it as a bike light in traffic, particularly when cycling near people who don't use their mirrors and make sudden unexpected left turns without looking or indicating. Strobe makes them at least look.

Afaik, the strobe function is to help you to be located in an emergency situation. Also, strobe lighting can cause Epilepsy so it's not something I'd recommend you use on the roads, tbh.

Anyone used one of those LED PIR floodlights for the back of the house? 20W LED with 2400 lumens, 6500K soft white and 50 degree beam, but I've got no idea how that compares with a 500W halogen in either colour or intensity.

2400 lumen strobe attached to a bike. It would make them look and have a fit and/or go blind!

My Nightcore EA4 just arrived today. I can't wait to use it this evening :)

Also, I have a Maglite 2 Cell D torch and I want to upgrade the bulb in that to an LED, and I am on The Torch Site having a look at the moment. The TTS-3WCR45 CNC CREE 180 lumen LED is cheaper than the 140 lumen TLE-6EXB, but I was working on the assumption that a higher lumen number is better? Am I wrong?

Also, is it worth getting the glass upgrade at £6.45 as well for my Maglite?

Thanks folks :)

Back
Top Bottom