Spec me an LED Torch

wow, that is one focused beam :eek: what torch is that again?? puts my sunwayman T20cs to shame :p

It's a Feit ultra bright 500 lumens led high performance flashlight.

With the zoom out, you can completely see the square outline of the actual LED filament itself, over great distance. It really is an impressive little piece of kit, especially for what they cost.

^ Do you always run it in lockout mode or standby? I have it in standby all the time - so it can be turned straight on if needed and flashes very faint every 2 seconds

I always keep it in lockout mode which is why I find it strange that sometimes it isn't in lockout when I go to use it. I'm worried that there might be a loose connection somewhere which is causing the torch to "reset". I should mention that I used to keep it in my bag and put this down to the button being pushed on by something in there. But the other day I put it into lockout, and then put it on my desk. When I checked it a few minutes later it turned straight on as if it was in daily mode.

Has anyone had any experience with eagletac's line of torches? More specifically the d25 clicky range, I'm considering one as a small work light. Currently I use a lenser p3, good beam control but not all that bright and it eats batteries.

Any other suggestions are welcome providing their less than £40.

EagleTac D25 Clicky is a nice small light you can carry in your pocket. I first got the D25A clicky in November last year and I like it so much that when the 2013 Ti's came out, I got both the D25A and D25C from here.

EagleTac D25 Clicky is a nice small light you can carry in your pocket. I first got the D25A clicky in November last year and I like it so much that when the 2013 Ti's came out, I got both the D25A and D25C from here.

I picked up a d25c2 clicky in xml neutral white in the end, stupidly bright for its size. Wished I bought the d25cl2 after reading about venting/exploding cr123a's but the risk adds to the fun of using it :p

Getting itchy to buy a brighter torch. I love my Lumintop P2C though, for a cheapish torch, its really impressive, I just can't help think if that's 230 lumens, whats 500 lumens like :D

I'd like something with a bit more runtime too, but I think I'd have to get something bigger for that.

That 4sevens guy must be doing pretty good now. I remember buying a Fenix off him around 2006 when he shipped them from his house!

The EA4 is a great little torch. If you order it from fasttech it's 48 dollars which works out roughly £32 inc shipping from China. That leaves you some money for some eneloops and a charger.

Hi All,

Looking for a LED Torch, new it it all have looked back through the last 10 pages and got confused.

Budget £100 - £120? would like it to be as brite as possible while useful, not to big and last a while?

cheers
Ross

edit under budget this looks quite good?

http://www.nitecore.co.uk/explorer/nitecore-ea4.html

For £100-120 I would say, go for a Malkoff MD2 with Hi/Low Ring. Trust me, you won't look back.:)

I actually just went with the EA4, it will do me for now as a newbie :)

Can anybody recommend battery's please? Obviously Eneloop's been recommended but what capacity? or any others?

Back
Top Bottom