Spec me an LED Torch

To get the same model from uk is twice the price, small print says its coming from china

I'm going to say that's not going to be outputting 2000lumens :p
For a tenner its more likely along the lines of 100 lumens but I suspect it might be a lot better with a 18650 in there. Its for someone who'll use the old AAA from the remote most likely, not too fussy.
I think it should beat the £10 cree tesco sells, maybe I'll do a show down :p

I bought one of these two weeks ago
http://www.7dayshop.com/home-outdoo...rch-cree-q5-led-zoom-flashlight-torch-3-x-aaa

It uses three AAA batteries and they fit in a holder - am very impressed with it - so thinking it also took 18650 batteries I ordered two batteries and also ordered a charger with two batteries.

Then ordered this torch.
http://www.play.com/stores/TOMTOP/listing/754997027

Torch came a few days ago and batteries came today - Problem - first torch only takes 3 x AAA Oh well -- was surprised to see all four 18650 had protected written on them - two came through the "Post" and charger with two came courier.

all batteries are now charged and the light is best I have seen - The 18650 torch is just slightly better than 3x AAA but not by much - I prefer AAA battery one because it has button on side and not on base which I find awkward to use.

Dave

Please can someone recommend a decent torch for me, 800+ lumens? Ideally, impact and water proof because I'm using it at a farm and on my bicycle.

I have owned x-star torches before and they are cheap Chinese crap, 3 of their torches (different models) failed within a week after a couple of bike rides due to tailcap connection issues...

Must have a continuous output and use 18650 cells. Some torches I've looked at seem great but then I find out that the output drops slowly over time due to overheating or some such crap. :rolleyes:

XMLU2.jpg

It's here! Sadly it's raining outside so cannot go check out the beam and throw distance but so far it's considerably brighter than the 340 lumen XP-G it is replacing. At full power it's a bit lower in brightness than my TN31 for hotspot intensity.

I want to get a smooth reflector for this though as I'm not a fan of orange peel ones and the XP-G one is too small to allow the much bigger U2 LED to fit.

Last edited:
I think it's the same torch, just the batteries are different voltages so a 14500 drives the LED brighter (3.7V vs whatever AA is, 1.5V I think?)

Back
Top Bottom